Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pards

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
Have to say although Pards deserved the stick he has got yesterday his team selection and tactics were spot on.

Not many would have gone for Moto2 and Sam but he did and he got them going at Hunt from the start. We deserved to be 2 nil up at half time .

First half was possibly best we have played for 3 seasons.

Comments

• Options
    I agree 100% GH.
  • Options
    I think he has to think more deeply.
  • Options
    He certainly made mistakes last year, and his sometimes cocky public persona isn't everyone's cup of tea, but that performance v Reading probably exempilfied everything that's positive about a Pards side - flair, goals, and the belief that odds can be overcome. He clearly motivated a few players who struggled mentally v Yeovil into believing again that they could take on the world, and as observed elsewhere, his recent signings were outstanding. Bailey appears v similar to another Pards success; Sidwell - and it's not just the hair. Bouazza did everything that Thomas has consistently failed to do; deliver dangerous crosses that actually offer the strikers something, and even hit a glorious goal himself. Just one game of course, but he did that to us at Watford (during the 2-2 I think). Early days, but those three missing ingredients; centre midfield steel, centre back leadership, and menacing croses from a winger might just have been found at last.