Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

3 matches, 3 red cards

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
Charlton have played just 3 League games - and already each match has seen a player sent off, and some pretty soft sendings off at that.

In fact if the referee was so intent on applying the 'letter of the law' yesterday - then Sonko, should have been redcarded first for conceding our penalty. If it was a foul, he had to go because he was last man looking at the replay - and certainly prevented a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Youga was sent off at Watford for a lesser offence in a similar position but 5 yards further out.

Also if the arm that Fortune put across Lita was a foul, then Fortune too should have gone as he was last man also.

Consistancy? Letter of the law? My arse, the referee didn't know what planet he was on

Comments

• Options
    Interestingly, I think I am right in saying though that Bouazza was our first yellow of the season
  • Options
    Whilst I don't agree with the constant arguing with officials, and getting booked for dissent is a complete waste, it was nice to see a loan signing so into the game and obviously caring enough to go up to the linesman and give him what for, as "Buzz" did yesterday.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite][p]Whilst I don't agree with the constant arguing with officials, and getting booked for dissent is a complete waste, it was nice to see a loan signing so into the game and obviously caring enough to go up to the linesman and give him what for, as "Buzz" did yesterday.[/p]

I wasimpressed wirth his attitude and the comeraderie that he showed to the whole team, he looks and feels like he is a charlton player.
  • Options
    I love his ears. Quality!

;o)
  • Options
    so is that Buzz light ears then?
  • Options
    Love it, Al, lol
  • Options
    Palace - 3 games 0 goals.
  • Options
    Maybe its me but every season there seem to be a lot of bookings/sendings off in the first few games and then things settle down. I presume that the referees get guidelines to work to in the summer and then interpret them a bit too literally before easing off on them.