Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anybody else......

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
.....wishing we had a midweek game this week? I have been really buzzing after yesterday. I can't wait for the next game to come. Whilst one swallow doesn't make a summer, that performance showed real promise. Sure we were up against a team who liked to play football but I see us with much more about us now following the signing of Bailey. Ambrose is back,Tody's not far off and Linvoy will be joining us very shortly. All of sudden things are looking up.

Comments

• Options
    Hehehehe - yes. I'm delaying looking at details of getting up to Preston because I know it's going to be too much/too expensive, because I want to stay smiling for a bit...
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite][p].....wishing we had a midweek game this week? I have been really buzzing after yesterday. I can't wait for the next game to come. Whilst one swallow doesn't make a summer, that performance showed real promise. Sure we were up against a team who liked to play football but I see us with much more about us now following the signing of Bailey. Ambrose is back,Tody's not far off and Linvoy will be joining us very shortly. All of sudden things are looking up.[/p]

This is how I feel and it also reminds me that supporting Charlton gives great highs to be savoured after the many lows. Four years of crap and after one great performance we are back on top of the world, we are such a resilient optimistic lot - or just insane.
  • Options
    Insane Kap......speaking for myself that is.
  • Options
    as Kap sez , one terrific game (and,remember,adecent enough performance against Swansea) and suddenly we're world beaters. Only Charlton fans.........
  • Options
    Add Coventry to the list, and that's three decent home performances in the league in a row. What is the Charlton world coming to??? ;-)
  • Options
    i can't believe for the first time in 10 years i've backed charlton with the spread betters our points were 64-65 for the season and i've bet we get over 65.......wtf am i thinking without a fullback in the squad who can defend...... but i like our 2 strikers and the middle of the park and defence and keeper...good spine(cliche) to the team
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite][p]i can't believe for the first time in 10 years i've backed charlton with the spread betters our points were 64-65 for the season and i've bet we get over 65.......wtf am i thinking without a fullback in the squad who can defend...... but i like our 2 strikers and the middle of the park and defence and keeper...good spine(cliche) to the team[/p]

Attack is the best means of defence, Oohaah - as long as the full backs are going forward, and not needing to tackle or cover back, we should be OK. Seems to work for that Bosingwa chap at Chelski too.
  • Options
    i hope so weegie , i hope so... please let this not have been another flash in the pan good performance. let's follow that great win up with a convincing display at preston
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Its madness of course but that's why we get so emotionally involved. Twas ever thus but I wouldn't have it any other way.