Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Virgin highlights of the game now online

WSSWSS
edited August 2008 in General Charlton
http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/charltonvideo/

Comments

• Options
    Any body got any wayPeople outside the UK can wtch the highlights......

Ive been at this for about 3 hours now and am ready to smash the flippin laptop...... what harm is there in me watching it.....

ARE YOU LISTENING VRGIN!!!!!

So if anyone can help... Aliwibble used to do a great job...
  • Options
    wont let me watch it either and im frikin here!!
  • Options
    They discriminate agains Macs too so I'm doubly screwed.
  • Options
    I've lost my bloody post ......why can't it be automatically saved in a 'preview' format like other forums?
  • Options
    wasnt a link to the highlights was it oggy???
  • Options
    No mate, I'm in the UK so no probs getting Virgin up.

Mind you, they left half of the highlights out, like Reading's first penalty - if it had gone in, it could easily have changed the course of the game. Virgin evidently didn't think it warranted showing.

Likewise with Andy Gray's stunning header against the bar that could have made it 5 - and turned the game into a rout.
    Ok, it was flagged offside, but as TV proved, totally wrongly.

And Noel Hunt's header against the bar for Reading with 5 mins to go - if that had gone in, Reading might have gone on to equalise. So again, important turning points in the game that Virgin didn't think merited showing.

Poor old Sonko .......he unwittingly deflected Varney's shot that caused Hahneman to fumble for Holland to score,
    but he shouldn't even have been the pitch to score Reading's 1st goal.

In fouling Varney, he clearly was the last man and thus denied Varney a 'clear goalscoring opportunity' - a similar situation that Youga at Watford last week, was red carded for.

If the referee, in his own words, 'had to follow the letter of the law', then Sonko absolutely should have been straight red carded at that time.

And, by the same token, for the 2nd penalty as Fortune was adjudged to have fouled Lita - as last man, Fortune should have been sent off also.

The performance of that referee in trying 'to follow the letter of the law' made a mockery of the word 'consistancy'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite][p]Any body got any wayPeople outside the UK can wtch the highlights......[/p][p]Ive been at this for about 3 hours now and am ready to smash the flippin laptop...... what harm is there in me watching it.....[/p][p]ARE YOU LISTENING VRGIN!!!!![/p][p]So if anyone can help... Aliwibble used to do a great job...[/p]
    Its illegal for Virgin to make the video available to non-UK viewers. No point mopaning at them - its the football league you need to direct your ire at. As for ways round it, try googling for a free UK proxy server you can watch it through - that will 'con' the site into thinking you;re in the UK (though be careful, there are serious security risks inherent in doing this)
  • Options
    In fouling Varney, he clearly was the last man and thus denied Varney a 'clear goalscoring opportunity' - a similar situation that Youga at Watford last week, was red carded for.

I thought that was only the case when the player commits a professional foul, rather than a foul?

Any refs about?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][p]No mate, I'm in the UK so no probs getting Virgin up.[/p][p]Mind you, they left half of the highlights out, like Reading's first penalty - if it had gone in, it could easily have changed the course of the game. Virgin evidently didn't think it warranted showing.[/p][p]Likewise with Andy Gray's stunning header against the bar that could have made it 5 - and turned the game into a rout.
    Ok, it was flagged offside, but as TV proved, totally wrongly.[/p][p]And Noel Hunt's header against the bar for Reading with 5 mins to go - if that had gone in, Reading might have gone on to equalise. So again, important turning points in the game that Virgin didn't think merited showing.[/p][p]Poor old Sonko .......he unwittingly deflected Varney's shot that caused Hahneman to fumble for Holland to score,
    but he shouldn't even have been the pitch to score Reading's 1st goal.[/p][p]In fouling Varney, he clearly was the last man and thus denied Varney a 'clear goalscoring opportunity' - a similar situation that Youga at Watford last week, was red carded for.[/p][p]If the referee, in his own words, 'had to follow the letter of the law', then Sonko absolutely should have been straight red carded at that time.[/p][p]And, by the same token, for the 2nd penalty as Fortune was adjudged to have fouled Lita - as last man, Fortune should have been sent off also.[/p][p]The performance of that referee in trying 'to follow the letter of the law' made a mockery of the word 'consistancy'[/p]
    And in addition to all that - did anyone notice where Bouazza was when Gray struck his penalty? He was about five yards inside the box. "Letter of the law" my arse.
  • Options
    Nothing in the laws of the game to make a distinction between a 'foul' and a 'professional foul', BFR.

I think you'll find the term 'professional foul' is just jargon.

The law actually refers to 'denying a clear goalscoring opportunity'. If Varney hadn't been fouled,
    he would have been running 1 on 1 at the keeper. TV shows no Reading defenders were within playing distance of the ball and Sonko was by far the last man.

Youga was sent off for a similar offence at Watford last week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also, Leroy ........in TV replays, Weaver comes from behind the goal line - and not from standing on it.

So is he nevertheless moving in front of the line , or is he actually level with it, when the ball is actually kicked ?

I've looked at it several times on Virgin, but I find it's hard to focus on both Weaver's movement and when the ball is kicked by Hunt - at the same time, so just can't be sure.
  • Options
    on virgin i just get a add installer pop up then install codec 9 . I do and it makes no differance just requests that I install again. Ideas anyone ??
  • Options
    Ask our techie people like Leroy
  • Options
    its on youtube
  • Options
    Noticed Virgin/ITV muted out the crowd chanting, "W*nker, W*nker, W*NKER!" at the referee, after his ordering Reading's 2nd penalty to be retaken.

They obviously don't want to dispel the myth that Charlton are a quiet family club.
    ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shrew[/cite][p]on virgin i just get a add installer pop up then install codec 9 . I do and it makes no differance just requests that I install again. Ideas anyone ??[/p]
    What operating system are you using? Vista? Is it the 'N' version? If so you may need to restore media player to it - just google 'restore windows media player vista' for instructions. If you're using Firefox, try running it under IE - Virgin's streaming doesn't work for me in FF. If not, just try downloading VLC player and using it to open all streams - again, Google is your friend!