Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Goals DVD 2007/8

Anyone know when the highlights DVD from last season is going to be available?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite][p]Anyone know when the highlights DVD from last season is going to be available?[/p]

I dont think it will, that'll be 2 I'm missing from the collection ;-(
  • Options
    shortest dvd in history
  • Options
    Don't think there will be one. Wasn't it a budget issue?
  • Options
    I thought it was because we were shite and they couldn't find a company to produce a 2 minute dvd.
  • Options
    come on nss for a long part of last season we were fifth................
  • Options
    ooy i can't take you serious anymore 46 points off of 28 you need to join the clown ;-)
  • Options
    yeah i'm still embarrassed by that score but i'd scored 24 points 3 weeks earlier off of 28handicap so i can almost sleep at night
  • Options
    mate im playin next time and i did have a official handicap of 14 to last october.But i didn't rejoin and have played 3 times in the last year (due to northstandjoe playing sunday football) i have been made to play off that everytime and have returned 24,26,27 points respectively,i aint playin off it again.18 for me in the next charltonlife comp especially after seeing them scores.
  • Options
    lol i'll prolly be off 18 too , the way them lot cried after my over achievment;-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite][p]Don't think there will be one. Wasn't it a budget issue?[/p]

It's not a budget issue, it's a political one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Airman - wasn't it also down to the fact that at quite a large number of games last season we only had one TV camera covering the game? Therefore, there weren't all the different angles/close-ups etc. available that we were able to get when in the Prem?

Added to the fact there weren't too many highlights! ;-p
  • Options
    I have got all the (available) videos & DVDs from the 80s onwards, including many seasons with one camera only and I don't see any problem with that?

What a shame we don't have fans dirctor anymore to find out what the political issues are...

Shan't ask you Airman, as I am sure you would have told us if you could.
  • Options
    It is true the camerawork would not have been as good and you would not be able to include extended coverage of most non-TV games just because one or another happened to be a good match, but the production has to be of a certain standard for the ITV and Sky goals programmes so it would be acceptable. I think it would be better than the 1980s.

I've had responsibility for every DVD and VHS the club has produced in the last ten years, so I can speak with some authority when I say that it would not lose money. I doubt it would make much money either, but that isn't the point.
  • Options
    They could at least do a 'best of' package. The palace games, Southampton away, Sheff Wed at home and even the Coventry game are worth seeing again and having in the collection. If they don't do a DVD Sir Chris' farewell goal will be lost in all of our memories!
  • Options
    revious thread on this subject

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=16487&page=1#Item_14
  • Options
    I'm with Olly on this one;
    surely we'd all like to see the Palace highlights/goals , ChrissyP's "last" game ('til the next one) and , amongst others , So'ton away.
    plus it'll keep my collection going.
  • Options
    what happens if we rinse the league and go up as champions? will there not be a videa because of only one camera at the valley? sounds like b*llocks to me.
  • Options
    Is a definete NO, or amaybe no ?
  • Options
    I've e-mailed the club asking what the situation is regarding a DVD. I'll let you know when and if i get a reply.