Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Notting Hill Carnival...

edited August 2008 in Not Sports Related
Over 300 arrested.....about time this was banned.

Comments

• Options
    Or maybe they could introduce ID cards for those who wanted to attend?
  • Options
    yeah....cos at international football matches when fans clash and there are arrests they should ban football too!
  • Options
    I think they should ban Glasgow Rangers, they had loads of people nicked in Manchester for riotting, that would be fair?
  • Options
    Crazy crime figures up on last year 84 more arrested

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7581556.stm

Will they get Carnival Banning Orders Worldwide?
  • Options
    anyone who's ever been arrested for anything should be banned from here as well whilst we're at it.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]anyone who's ever been arrested for anything should be banned from here as well whilst we're at it.

I think that's a great idea for a new Topic Suzi!
  • Options
    ha ha Suzi

Wont be many left i fear

Does it count if you were wrongfully arrested?
  • Options
    When a million peeps get together it will always attract the nasties. OB were set up to keep some of the gangs apart, thats why around New Cross and Lewisham they were out in numbers.

If people want to have a ye ha good luck to em, i dont wanna pay 4 it though.

Maybe with funding (no dont laugh !) and effort we will get St Georges Day to be such an event.
  • Options
    Suzzzzzzzziiiiiiiii have u found religion ?
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]ha ha Suzi

Wont be many left i fear

Does it count if you were wrongfully arrested?

you'd have to put it to the masses posting on here to see if they agree I think!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bit of a boring argument to honest, but just as a comparison, the arrests at the NHC would relate to 6 arrests at a 20k football match.
  • Options
    got the figures wrong

A total of 488 arrested were made during the event - 330 in the Notting Hill area and 158 around Oval.

Knives, a Taser gun, CS spray and a baseball bat were among the weapons seized
  • Options
    Muggers and steamers paradise, you couldn't pay me to go within 5 miles of it.
  • Options
    Went there once in the 80's

Was a good day until i stepped on the train at Woolwich group of Youths tried mugging me did not know i had more mates on the other carriage who changed carriages at the dockyard and jopined me they soon got off.

Was racially abused on a side street by a group later in the night on the way back to the tube statio.

So doubt i will ever go again
  • Options
    My dad goes every year with my little brother and always has a good time. He's never had any trouble and loves it, I've never been but was gonna go this year it was only a very mean hang over that stopped me. I would imagine its very much like a football match that if you want to go and find trouble you will but if you don't you can have a peaceful good time with everyone else.
  • Options
    the difference this year was that the OB went for the strong arm tactics to prove a point about knife and gang crime and rightly so,

this showed a message to the organisors and comunity leaders that look to blame everything that happens to young black men on society and the OB as they have always stated that the police are only looking to arrest at carnival, this year due to the high profile of knife crime they did just that as if to say for years we have neglected to carry out our duties at carnival you need to help us now as this state of affairs that operation tridant is geeting over run with is now escalating out of control,

i have attened carnival on numerous occasions with some great pals and have witnessed things there that should never have been aloud to take place including muggings ,crack smoking and extreemly aggresive behaviour between groups of young black men all in view of ob with exception to the mugging none were dealt with there and then

what i will say is that carnival adds imo to what makes london great and is something everyone should go and see if you are worried go on childrens day never any issues there
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    what i will say is that carnival adds imo to what makes london great and is something everyone should go and see if

you are worried go on childrens day never any issues there

Well said that man
  • Options
    taken from the BBC website;

Up to 40 people were involved in the clash, which continued for more than two hours, and one officer suffered facial injuries after being hit by a bottle.

Sorry, but if 40 football hooligans were playing up, do you think it would take the OB 2 hours to sort it out?...I think not.
  • Options
    How long did it take Greater Manchester Police take to get those boorish Rangers fans under control?
  • Options
    About 5 minutes...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko, if you go back a few weeks threads you will find fishnets and myself, openly big Rangers fans, condemning the actions of the neds in Manchester, so why do you persist in this constant digging?
  • Options
    Just one small thing...every year they say....so many hundred thousand attended the carnival....well in all honesty they are just about the same folk going every day of course, so you could probably reduce the number of folk that actualy 'went' to something like 40% of the figure given....so it's a bit misleading when you come to think about it.
  • Options
    Well said DA9, no Rangers fans have defended the actions of these idiots yet they constantly get tarnished with the same brush.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Lets drop this please.

DA9, from what i can see Rothko's digging is largely in response to what's becoming constant personal snipes from Fishnets, most of which i have to waste time deleting out. Its f***ing boring on all counts.

Fishy, i would remind you of 'the rules' but i know you are fully aware of them :-)

No more personal digs please.

thanks
  • Options
    No probem Afka, but please remind Rothko as well, you only mentioned mine & Fishnets names in that post, bit unfair.
  • Options
    AfKA, did you slap Rothko's wrist when he called someone ( I cannot remember who) a "tosser" not so long ago?
  • Options
    Yes, but don't you worry about other people.

Next step up from wrist slapping is chinese burns, so all be warned :-)
  • Options
    I'd prefer a nipple twist..
  • Options
    or a donkey punch scrub from fizz
  • Options
    Dancing in the streets with a bottle of rum ...

Wha gwan ...