Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So, where's the sun gone?

edited August 2008 in Not Sports Related
I know it's up there, but I haven't seen the fecker for a while now.

Can we sue? This is supposed to be pur bloody summer time after all!

Comments

• Options
    It was out for the Reading game
  • Options
    Yep, it certainly had it's hat on that day Jimmy!

Since then I honestly can't remmeber seeing it. When I go to work it's cloudy and when I come home it's dark. Poxy bleedin weather!
  • Options
    Came out this afternoon on the Norfolk Riviera
  • Options
    Really? Whereabouts Bing?

Went on holiday to Norfolk a couple of weeks back. Nice relaxing time, even thought the weather was shite and I couldn't find a decent boozer the whole time I was there - which was really disappointing as I was looking forward to a few local ales in a country boozer.
  • Options
    My wife went to Gorlston with the kids and as they say in these parts "it got out nice". We live about 20 miles from Great Yarmouth in land vaguely in the direction of Norwich and it did come out for a time here as well as I was painting my fence.

Whereabouts in Norfolk?
  • Options
    Saturday, its supposed to be out for most of the day

Orange thing, quite hot, don't dial 999 if you see it

But if you are going to Preston, it'll piss down, so don't work yourself up too much
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]My wife went to Gorlston with the kids and as they say in these parts "it got out nice". We live about 20 miles from Great Yarmouth in land vaguely in the direction of Norwich and it did come out for a time here as well as I was painting my fence.

Whereabouts in Norfolk?

We stayed in a cottage near Eccles-on-sea - or should that be "Eccles-in-sea", given that most of it disappeared under the waves years ago! Middle of nowhere, 50 yards from the beach over the dunes and not a soul about. Lovely.

Went to Yarmouth for a day as had never been before. Glad we went, but wont exactly be rushing back there. Went to that place where some fella called "Roy" seems to own the town too - "Roys Toys", "Roys Supermarket", "Roys Department Store", "Roys Garden Centre". The man is clearly some sort of local hood!
    ;o)

Amazing number of medieval churches all over the gaff too. Could see five church towers from the place where we were staying. What's that all about?!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Amazing number of medieval churches all over the gaff too. Could see five church towers from the place where we were staying. What's that all about?!

I think it signifies the area was once very rich. Parts of North East Norfolk were the centre of the weaving industry in olden times - e.g. Worstead (which is between North Walsham and Wroxham - Roy's town) has a huge church and there are many more in the area.

Eccles is a quiet place. I often go over to Walcott which is north of there and Sea Palling which is south. If you ever get the chance, go up to the area between Sheringham and Hunstanton. You have some superb places on the coast like Blakeney, Cley and Wells plus places just in land like Walsingham and Burnham Ovary. Sheringham though a little more commercial is also very nice.

Roy was his surname (he's dead now). Although his first shop was in North Walsham, he made his name in the holiday centre of Wroxham (well actually it's Hoveton but we wont split hairs). It really appears to be a one man town and in it's way, it's quite odd really. They get coachloads of mainly retired people from all over the county stacking the place out in the summer together with the boating punters.

I've been living up here now since 97 and I really like it although it has its drawbacks. If you want to go from where I live to say Eccles, you can't go in a direct route because of the Rivers Yare and Bure unless you go across the ferry at Reedham, so you have to either go up to Norwich or down to Great Yarmouth.
  • Options
    its just started to come out over here in Melbourne.....

Its been freezinf for two minths and now its gonna go hot!!

cant wait