Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Quick survey: Ever had the pox?

2»

Comments

• Options
    My sister had shingles when she was about 15.
    I remember she was in enough discomfort to write "Die shingles, die!" in red paint on her bedroom door. Which, I guess, tells its own story.
  • Options
    Addicted said:

Thought my missus said I had smallpox but it turns out I miss-heard her

Were you wearing her stockings at the time and she told you they were her tall socks?
  • Options
    Had it when I was about 5. Mum bought me a doll from M&S in Dartford for not scratching and I called her Pat....

...because she had it etched on the back of her neck.

Pat Pending.
  • Options
    When I was a kid people used to have chickenpox parties so that all the kids got it at the same time and stayed off school with their friends and the parents could arrange to look after several children at the same time.

Weird time the 70s.
  • Options

When I was a kid people used to have chickenpox parties so that all the kids got it at the same time and stayed off school with their friends and the parents could arrange to look after several children at the same time.

Weird time the 70s.

If there are any attractive women aged 18 to 50 who never had it as a child, there's a chickenpox party happening in my hotel room right now.
  • Options

Weird time the 70s.

These days they have nurserys. Such pestilence ridden pits of hell will make or break the nascent immune system, create frightening diseases of its own and then unleash them on unsuspecting parents. They are like biological weapons labs.
  • Options
    Blimey, I started this thread 7 (S-E-V-E-N) years ago now.

I wondered why I was getting so many notifications when I barely post any more.

Time to resurrect the "New Bird on Countdown" thread