Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official PNE vs Charlton Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    One Faye.
    They've only got one Faye
    One Aaaa. Fayyyyyye,
    They've only got one Faye
  • Options
    1536: RED CARD Amdy Faye (Stoke City)
    The Stoke midfielder is correctly shown a straight red for a pathetic two-footed lunging challenge on Mohamed Shawky. Horrible tackle that.

Faye's off
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]aparently one of our old signings has gona for an early bath......

Was that dear old Amdy's debut for Joke City....?
  • Options
    Apparently some bloke called Faye has been sent of for Stoke. Wonder if it's our old Amdy - does anyone know?
  • Options
    Varney hits post....

and Faye beens sent if for Stoke......
  • Options
    Varney hits the post!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Bottle of bubble for trickyrickycafc.

Now what's the lottery numbers?!

Judging by my prediction league scores this year, I think we can safely say that this was down to luck :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexleyheath_Red[/cite]i heard on the grapevine that a fella that goes by the name of Amdy Faye has been sent off

could anyone confirm this?

Dunno but someone was sent off for Stoke. Maybe that was him?
  • Options
    "41 mins: Varney spins inside Sedgwick and Hart, and has hearts fluttering by whacking the ball against the post. Bouazza returns it into the centre and Shelvey attempts to head home in similar fashion to Derby's midweek winner, but Lonners stretches well to claim.
    "
  • Options
    Amdy Faye? Didn't he once play for us?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iwelumos scored for wolves
  • Options
    Iwelumo has set up two goals

and now scored 1

why did we let him go?
  • Options
    edited August 2008
  • Options
    Varney hits the post...

Amdy's been sent off!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]

Amdy's been sent off!

Amdy who Chunes?
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Varney hits the post...

Amdy's been sent off!
    And Iwelmo scores for Wolves....evidently!
  • Options
    Has Faye been sent off?
  • Options
    Their summeriser is a lot better than ours. (S)He is making it sound quite exciting.
  • Options
    jeff stelling just told me that a Stoke player has been sent off for a high challenge

anyone know who it was?
  • Options
    Stig where are you lisening to the summeriser?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So we're playing Shelvey, Bailey, Holland and Bouazza in midfield... Which one is playing on the wing or are we 4-5-1 with Varney?
  • Options
    Here's the update from the OS:

38 minutes: No other action here but the Addicks have switched to 4-5-1, Bailey coming in to a central berth and Varney switching to wide on the right

41 minutes: Varney forces his way in from the right and lets fly with a terrific drive that hits the post. In the aftermath Basey's cross is met by Shelvey whose looping header is saved

42 minutes: Neil Mellor gets away on the right but his shot flashes across goal and wide

45 minutes: Mellor races through again but Weaver is off his line to make a fine smothering save. He's offside, apparently, but it's still a great stop

Half-time: 1-0
  • Options
    mellor is playing really well by the sounds of the radio commentry
  • Options
    Sounds like Weaver made a decent save from Mellor near the end of the half, but from what I've heard we seem to be worth our lead.
  • Options
    baileys on the right jonjo in middle with holland
  • Options
    Bailey on the right? That's a little bit strange isn't it?
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Sorry, shouldn't have used the word "sounds". I'm just reading it, not listening.
  • Options
    Anyone know how Mandy is getting on for Stoke City ?
  • Options
    All going well so far, has anyone been listening to any commentary and have some form of feedback on how we've been playing ?
  • Options
    We changed to 4-5-1 just before half time, Varney on the right.