Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton youngster Danny Uchechi has been named in the Nigeria squad

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
"Charlton youngster Danny Uchechi has been named in the Nigeria squad...." is the headline of a page on the OS this morning.

Very promising young player getting international recognition playing games for his country.

So is Danny Unpronouncable still a Charlton player, has he been loaned out, or a free agent or changed his name again to Ian Cognito .....??????

Where is he, will he play for Charlton again - and does anyone anywhere know anything?

Comments

• Options
    Isn't it just the youth squad?

Charlton youngster Danny Uchechi has been named in the Nigeria squad for a two-legged clash with Sudan in the second round of qualifiers for the African Youth Championships.

Rumours are going around that he hasn't got a work permit, think someone heard Pardew confirm this at the open training day at The Valley.

He'll have to go on loan I guess, seems he can't even play for our reserves at the moment.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=32786
  • Options
    After Monday perhaps the CL spy team on new signings can take on a new project? :-)
  • Options
    As for his unpronounceable name, just be happy that he changed his name back to Danny Uchechi, his name used to be Chima Orelaja...
  • Options
    "There's only one Chima Orelaja, one Chima Ore-LAJA,
    there's only one Chima Orelaja.

CHIMA ORELAJA !

There's only one Chima Orelaja ......."

It's got a bit of a ring to it. Sound good chanted by the Covered End ........
  • Options
    to the tune of Karma Chameleon

Chima, Chima, Chima, Chima, Chima Oreleja
    You come and go
    You come and go
    Playing would be easy if you had your work permit
    Change your name,
    Change your name
  • Options
    As Ive said before, Danny is leaving. I've heard him say it himself.....unless hes had a change of heart but he decided to leave and nothing to do with work permit problem apparently
  • Options
    Where's he going? When will he actually leave?
  • Options
    I don't know him but bumped into him. This is what he said. I have heard someone say there is interest in Spain and Italy, God knows what division though