Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The OFFICIAL Preston match slit your wrists thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Frank Butcher[/cite]Andy Gray doesn't really do anything

scored three goals this season and has moved as many muscles doing it, didn't go yesterday but from what I hear he is still not contributing enough to help the tireless Varney
  • Options
    Keep Varney on the wing and go with Fleetwood and Dickson. Fleetwood to win the headers and hold the ball up which is beyond Grays capabilities it seems and the pace of Dickson to run at defences, latch onto balls and finish in a Darren Bent like role. Just wish Pardew would have the bollocks to try it for a couple of games.
  • Options
    I'm amazed as to why Pards changed a winning midfield. Bailey needs to be in the centre. Should have started with Ambrose and when he tired after 60 minutes he could have switched Varney to the right side and bring on Dickson. Shelvey is young and has a long way to go and we can't expect him to dominate against seasoned pro's. Cameo's off the bench for the time being imo. The fact Dickson doesn't feature too much is a sign to me that Pards doesn't rate him. Maybe there is something in the Beckford rumours after all.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Frank Butcher[/cite]Keep Varney on the wing and go with Fleetwood and Dickson. Fleetwood to win the headers and hold the ball up which is beyond Grays capabilities it seems and the pace of Dickson to run at defences, latch onto balls and finish in a Darren Bent like role. Just wish Pardew would have the bollocks to try it for a couple of games.

Fleetwood is 5 ft 8, he won't win many headers. He's not a targetman.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]There is absolutely no way to recover the post unless I copy & paste every time before I send.
    So now I really do have something to moan about.

Try pressing the back button in your browser. Depends on browser though. Otherwise, check now, you'll see a Preview. I used to have it on, mainly so that people could consider their posts, particularly spelling, but no one seemed to notice. I'll renable it just for you Oggy.

Many thanks to AFKA & Bing for their helpful suggestions - but LoOKie, you are my hero.
    I shall moan no more. You are a ray of sunshine on a miserably mundane Monday morning!

(steady, Oggy!)