Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chelsea Spurs

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
Listening to the commentary Graham Taylor quite strongly questioning why our victory against chelsea on penalties at Stamford bridge is not recorded as a win - for once he is a top man reminding everybody that we are the only domestic club to defeat chelsea at the Bridge since Mourihnio joined. Benty scored that day and he's just equalised today.

Comments

• Loved it when Benty put that one in Kap.

I just really want to see the boy do well.
  • I don't think there's a Charlton fan alive who doesn't. Darren Bent is a refreshing breath of fresh air compared with most modern footballers. He seems to have his head screwed on right, is hard working, never complains and I'll always have a soft spot for him after the way he dealt with our relegation - knowing that if he had stayed it would have ended any chance he had of playing for England, and never giving it the biggun about wanting to move on. Top, top man.
  • took his goal well , and he needed to, because he's never going t get many chances in that team and it took a deflection from Lampard to set him up.

mind u was at fault for chelsea's goal as well
  • edited August 2008
    I just want Benty to play well and score loads but spuds to lose every game and get relegated.
  • db will score goals if he is given the service as proved by us he will always be a favourite with charlton fans was pleased for him for his goal and glad chelski didnt win
  • It still bugs me that Ericson picked Walcott instead of Bent for the 2006 WC......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • That was a dire decision, but I recall a lot of people at the time applauding Ericsson giving youth a chance.

Funny about Bent - I was speaking to someone in the club, who said his attitude was absolutely shocking from when he first got a call up, having been an absolute joy to work with up until that point. It surprised me, but as fans I guess we form most of our impressions on scripted comments in interviews. if they smile when they're doing autographs and the look on their faces in the games.

He always did his best for us and I continue to want to see him do well. so I don't suppose that it matters if he was a bit of a tool, but it gets on my wick when people say that such and such a player has a poor attitude or a good attitude when they're really just guessing based on the most superficial of impressions.
  • [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]It still bugs me that Ericson picked Walcott instead of Bent for the 2006 WC......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I was at heathrow when I first heard that Walcott was in instead of bent, spent the next 9 hours in the air spitting feathers, could not understand it then nor now, as walcott again gets the nod over benty. Never really been given the opportunity at international level, think he only started once and I think Curbs said at the time he was ignored by the players on ther pitch and never got a pass, so it was not surprising when he fluffed his only chance.
  • When I saw Benty score I let rip as if Charlton had scored. I really want him to do well.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]It still bugs me that Ericson picked Walcott instead of Bent for the 2006 WC......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr[/quote]

Bent is far better all round