Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Preston Vocal Support

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
After going to my first away game of the season, I cant believe how bad our away vocal support is!

When we are at home the away tems easily out sing us, and we dont seem to make a noise at other peoples grounds.

Why?

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited September 2008
    Because we're not as noisy as other teams?

Because we're boring?

Because the players don't give us anything to shout about?

Because the make up of our away support lends the followers to be the older generation than the younger vocal lads?

Because we take less numbers away because of being a London based CCC club?

Global Warming?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Spud[/cite]After going to my first away game of the season, I cant believe how bad our away vocal support is!

When we are at home the away tems easily out sing us, and we dont seem to make a noise at other peoples grounds.

Why?

That's just not true. Occasionally but far from always.
  • Options
    You should come to Doncaster and see how noisy 50 of us can be
  • Options
    I commented on another thread how crap it was. Local teams its ok but anything else I don't know why I still bother, its so boring and embarrassing.
  • Options
    Because there were 300 there on Saturday and 280 of them werent the singing type of supporters ...

There was the girl up the back that was about it ...

I am more interested in watching the game than standing there singing songs about how shite Preston is .... I'm sure they already know that
  • Options
    Dont you think a bit of support would help the team?

Whats wrong with singing and watching?
  • Options
    tell me there were more than 300 up there ric??
  • Options
    Well I think there was about 300, maybe a few more but not a lot more.

Nothings wrong with singing and watching, but I prefer to watch. Have ruined my vocal chords over the years .... but not now.

There were a few renditions of VFR on Saturday but that's about it ...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Spud[/cite]Dont you think a bit of support would help the team?

Whats wrong with singing and watching?[/quote]

Indeed.
  • Options
    the atmosphere was poor, like a pre season friendly for most of the 1st half, nearly nodded off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Frank Butcher[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Spud[/cite]Dont you think a bit of support would help the team?

Whats wrong with singing and watching?[/quote]

Indeed.[/quote]

ahmen
  • Options
    i am sorry but our away support is the worst in all the three divs even peterborough take more away than us
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: the mist[/cite]i am sorry but our away support is the worst in all the three divs even peterborough take more away than us
    Correct.

We're the worst supporters in the land.
  • Options
    reality check there - ooh aah?
    Just looking and no real input, eh?
  • Options
    Some decent songs would help. I'm as vocal as the next man man but we've only got about 3 songs and occasionally throw in the 'sign on' song when playing northern teams which is frankly a) hopelessly out dated and b) rather tasteless and unfunny.

Been a long time since the covered end choir came up with anything new and original.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Morts-Genius[/cite]reality check there - ooh aah?
    Just looking and no real input, eh?

it's nothing new, although the blinkered few would have you think our supports good...
    there aren't the numbers and there isn't the noise...FACT
  • Options
    maybe they should put our home support noise from the northstand through the tannoy system, thus drowning out the away support!!!
  • Options
    The problem is more to do with the supporters that aren't there than the ones that make the effort to go.
  • Options
    Has this thread got anything to do with Preston's vocal support?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh look .............. ANOTHER thread about away supportzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Worst away support in the land? I asked the only person who would know, God - given that he is all seeing and therefore presumably watches every game every week - and he said that Grimsby's was marginally worse. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]

it's nothing new, although the blinkered few would have you think our supports good...

Unless you're doing anything to help the situation (you're not) why keep slagging off those that do go?
  • Options
    See what you have started spud!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
  • Options
    So now we have all the negatives out the way why dont we agree an away game that we all go to and make it a "Charlton Life Vocal game!" all go and make lots on noise!!!!
  • Options
    Does booing count as noise?

Plenty of the "vocal" lot like to do that at both home and away games - as well as slagging off certain players all of the time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]

Unless you're doing anything to help the situation (you're not) why keep slagging off those that do go?

i'm not slagging those off that do go( i dough my cap in respect of those that go) i'm repeating what spud said at the top and the noise is not good from those that do go and our numbers are poor
    but that's the choice as riscardo said he'd prefer to watch than sing , when i go i like a bit of both
    and i don't go away enough yes MY support is disgraceful i hold my hands up but as we get older our priorities are different but i can't understand why our home/away support ratio is so poor