Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Driving over Brockley last night!

edited September 2008 in Not Sports Related
On my way home from The Oval about 9.45 last night I came to a set of temporary traffic lights on Drakefell Road at the junction with Peyps Road and had to stop with about three cars in front of me as they has just turned to red......out of the corner of my eye to my left I caught site of a group of about half a dozen local hoodie youths(all IC 3's) aged around 15 or so standing on the corner of Pepys Road.They were about 20 feet away.
Now my car is quite nice (if I say so myself) and they started giving it the once over but then after a few moments I quickly realised it wasn't so much the car they were interested in but who was driving it....no question whatsoever but this little bunch of toe rags were waying up the possibility of jumping me....for what reason I'm not sure(the car or whatever they could get I guess)....after a few sideways glances(trying not to make it too obvious that I was watching them as much as they were watching me), I noticed two of them move to one side to circle round the back of the car.
Fortunately no other cars had pulled up behind me...I slammed into reverse went back a few feet (noticing in my mirrors these two jump out of the way into the bargain), then into first and roared off past the line of cars in front of me through the red light...... to eveyones annoyance no doubt but I honestly had no other alternative.
I'm 100% certain they wern't just about to ask me for the time of day or a light!
All I can say is that in 'certain areas' keep your wits about you and doors firmly locked.
Little c*****!!!

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2008
    I find usually that waving my shooter about in those cases usually helps...

Seriously - we were having a discussion at work last week about what it would be like if guns were legal in this country. I'd pull mine about five times a week I reckon - NO ***** taking my car - ever.

I've never been mugged either. Granted there are probably easier targets, which probably accounts for my good luck so far, but when someone does try it, I'll end up either going down or dead - bollocks to the advice about just giving up your wallet to avoid the risk of getting beaten up or stabbed.
  • Options
    Wasnt there any community support officers there ?? lol

"tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime" yeah right.
  • Options
    Tough that they are as much use as a chocolate fireguard!
  • Options
    Pity you didn't run them over. Bring in Water Cannons, and drown anyone up to no good. ;-)
  • Options
    Move to the French countryside ........ no violence, no crime - and you can sign up for the Charlton matchday online commentary!
  • Options
    My boy was mugged yesterday.
    3.30pm in a park in Bromley.
    They had his phone his friends phones and i-pod.

The police dont have a hope in hell of catching the shits
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PettsWoodAddick[/cite]My boy was mugged yesterday.

Ask the police to check the cctv footage, surely all the cameras dotted around the area are there for purposes such as these?

My brother had some trouble 5 or so years ago in Churchill gardens, it's not as nice a park as it seems.
  • Options
    They said they will check cctv footage but I dont hold out much hope. Same thing happened to my friends daughter, the cameras picked up nothing. One set not working another facing the the wrong way.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PettsWoodAddick[/cite]They said they will check cctv footage but I dont hold out much hope. Same thing happened to my friends daughter, the cameras picked up nothing. One set not working another facing the the wrong way.

My daughter got mugged a few years ago (the day of Millwall Manu cup final) had her phone knicked and head butted her friend had her broken arm jumped on for fun. The girl who did this unfortunately for her was too stupid to relaise that my daughter was in a year below her at Primary school and told the police. She went to court, she pleaded not guilty right until the last minute before "trial", then she just got a fine, in a way it was questionable if it was worth the hassle of going through the legal system.
  • Options
    er hellooooooo ??? the offender was a year above her in Primary school? You are kidding me - and this was a few years ago. where was this?

God help all you parents.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mayday Bank holiday this year I had to work. As I was on the early shift, I decided to drive. I was at a redlight near London Bridge when I hear tapping on the near-side window. Three drunks were gesturing to me to wind-down the window. Yea right, i'm NOT that stupid.Through the redlight I go.....

Silly thing was, my doors were unlocked....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]Mayday Bank holiday this year I had to work. As I was on the early shift, I decided to drive. I was at a redlight near London Bridge when I hear tapping on the near-side window. Three drunks were gesturing to me to wind-down the window. Yea right, i'm NOT that stupid.Through the redlight I go.....

And it wasn't until a few miles later than you realised you had a traffic cone stuck under the back wheel
  • Options
    Tisk tisk tisk you need to understand where these poor yoots have come from and their very very very maginalised , excluded life. You really need to have asked them into the car, took em to MacBurgers, gave em the contents of your wallet and then apologised for having a job, paying tax and being a worthwhile citizen.

Vigilantism is very very naughty anyone would think that HM Gov and the Police aint in control and aint on th side of us tax payers !

as said above "tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime" Tony told me.
  • Options
    feck me, i've driven home from work that way every day ( apart from a 2 years stint in greenwich) for the last 10 years and at all sorts of times from 6pm to 10.30 pm, them lights are a pain in the neck!! shall keep my wits about me even more than i already do now, thanks for the heads up soundasapound, glad you had your wits about you too, sounds as if you were right to drive away like that. gits!
  • Options
    When we were in SA on honeymoon 6 years ago we heard all the carjacking stories in Jo'burg etc. Never thought we'd see it here but it's the logical next step really isn't it?
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]feck me, i've driven home from work that way every day ( apart from a 2 years stint in greenwich) for the last 10 years and at all sorts of times from 6pm to 10.30 pm, them lights are a pain in the neck!! shall keep my wits about me even more than i already do now, thanks for the heads up soundasapound, glad you had your wits about you too, sounds as if you were right to drive away like that. gits!

MCS...it was around 10.00 at night and my car is a 'sort of' target I guess....old fella in a luxury sports car, quiet spot(well fairly quiet at that time of night anyway), so I wouldn't bother too much if you're driving in the rush hour and if I'd have been in my Smart Car (that I use as a run around), I fancy they wouldn't have given me as much as a second glance...it was the image I projected to them that made me a target, of that I'm sure.
    These scum bags were definately up to no good though.....but as I say, the time of night also played some part in my overall take on it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PettsWoodAddick[/cite]My boy was mugged yesterday.

No but you do mate these little c**** will be about again get over there and batter the hell out of them.

Tell you what try doing the knowledge lads end up in all sorts of areas of london on a poxy little scooter NOT ideal. If me and my study partner have to go to areas like tottenham or hackney we go in his work range rover which has orange markings and looks similar to a police motor so its a lot safer now. Been chased many times but I never stop in these gaffs just keep moving.
  • Options
    Other than shooting/killing these little b*st*rds , what option do we have ?
    I got mugged nearly 2 years ago and i lost £200 quid , had my teeth smashed , nose broken and cuts etc.
    The police wanted to know if i needed "Counsilling" and gave me forms to fill in for "compensation" (fixing teeth,etc).
    Still waiting for areply from Glasgow for that (I'll show you my teeth which are held together with wire in the Tory Club if you like ?!).
    DC Evans (Lewisham) hasn't been in contact since the attack , probably too busy with the paperwork.
    If it had been Gene Hunt incharge.............
  • Options
    Sorry , ps.
    Hope your okay my scouse friend ; you did the right thing.
  • Options
    Brockley Police Station;
    Open Monday - Friday,
    1000 - 1400 ONLY .

Mind how you go !
  • Sponsored links: