Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Norwich Directors Leave

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/7593744.stm

"a more difficult financial situation"

Comments

• Options
    Maybe Delia gave them a dodgy prawn sandwich at half time :-)
  • Options
    Amazing that they pretty much sell-out every game, and even big gates for pre-season.
  • Options
    Perhaps there's not much else to do in Narridge, except pick carrots and shag your sister
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Perhaps there's not much else to do in Narridge, except pick carrots and shag your sister

LOL especially as you live down in Oggy land ;o)
  • Options
    We be don't 'ave carrots down 'ere, me loverrrrrrrrr.

But by the time you get to your sisterrrrrr, you find some other bugger's got their first and she's already up the duff ....... although there's a few sheep.......... for those that 'ave to go without.

And a proper bus shelter in the village square, for those that do get their share.

;o)
  • Options
    I would think their personal finances are suffering in the credit crunch.

I think there is some truth in the "nothing else to do in Norwich" from a football perspective but I think we have lots to learn commercially from their set up. They have their own telesales operation which is responsible for selling 20K season tickets and a sales team which sells other products and services when not working for Norwich City generating more cash for the club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Maglor[/cite]I would think their personal finances are suffering in the credit crunch.

I think there is some truth in the "nothing else to do in Norwich" from a football perspective but I think we have lots to learn commercially from their set up. They have their own telesales operation which is responsible for selling 20K season tickets and a sales team which sells other products and services when not working for Norwich City generating more cash for the club.

Absolutely right. Interestingly enough those I have spoken to in the heirachy at Norwich saw Charlton as their role model. Now on the face of it I think they could teach us a few things on the commercial side. I wonder against whom we benchmark ourselves these days?
  • Options
    Norwich have a coach service to bring in fans from across Norfolk called the Canary Express. You can work out where they got that idea.

They have been very successful in selling tickets by being very flexible on prices in different areas of the ground and for different games. It makes for a very complicated system but Norwich was one of the pricing structures the Target 40,000 committee looked at last year when considering the three tier pricing structure.

They do have the advantage of being a one club county and the coach service is ideal for a large area with poor public transport.

Didn't know about their commercial centre outsourcing themselves. Interesting idea.