Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just for our leader :-)

edited September 2008 in Not Sports Related
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7595509.stm

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2008
    Love the fact that the pedants who put their pet grammatical grievances up there then had to be corrected by the BBC.
  • Options
    Just spoke with my Mum who explained the correct use of fewer and less than ...
  • Options
    I really can't stand grammar pedants. Language changes all the time (written and spoken) yet people tend to be stuck in the ways they were taught at school. Whilst some of the examples in the article are sensible enough some of them are just insanely pedantic.

My view is that as long as what you say/write can be clearly understood than it is not grammatically incorrect.
  • Options
    innit
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]I really can't stand grammar pedants. Language changes all the time (written and spoken) yet people tend to be stuck in the ways they were taught at school. Whilst some of the examples in the article are sensible enough some of them are just insanely pedantic.

My view is that as long as what you say/write can be clearly understood than it is not grammatically incorrect.

I'm glad you bought that to my attention, Kigs .... otherwise I would never of known.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite] I Love the fact that the pedants, who put their pet grammatical grievances up there, then had to be corrected by the BBC.
  • Options
    I'm an 'urban writer', so shove it :-)
  • Options
    shouldnt that be sh'of it?
  • Options
    Their are certin time's when bad grammer is unacceptable though!

There's a Charlton fan on BBC 606 who writes like a 12 year old speaks (Addickted2Charlton) and it's nigh on impossible to work out what he is trying to say. Words such as "Abarht" instead of "About". It's got more letters for fucks sake!

I am really anal about grammar - not so much on places like this but when I see a sign in a shop window thats badly written or has typos it really grips my turd

Apologies...it's been a long day
    End of rant