Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pards on ZZ and playing Cranie at right-back

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kol08/article/default.asp?article_id=47495
[cite]Pards said:[/cite] "Having ZZ stay has come as a big bonus. From my point of view I have a player who wants to be at this club, not one who will be sulking because he didn't move in the window.

"At the moment, he's nursing a groin injury and it will be touch and go whether he will be available for selection to face Wolves on September 13.

"But he needs a rest because last season, with his commuting to China for internationals, he suffered from burn out."

He also says that, to start with, Cranie will take Moo2's place at right back.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2008
    good moots is a liabilty imo great going forward but can not defend
  • Options
    Poor old Moo2, it's just not working out for him.

Martin Crainie ".......The 21-year-old England Under-21 international is likely fill the right-back berth, his preferred position, rather than in central defence.

"Our interest in Martin was an open secret," Pardew added. "He was exceptional in central defence when he played against us for Queens Park Rangers while on loan from Portsmouth. In fact he can play anywhere across the back four.

"But he wants to play at right-back and, at the moment, that's where I'll use him."
  • Options
    Perhaps it's just me but I didn't interpret - "But he wants to play at right-back and, at the moment, that's where I'll use him." - as meaning he'll automatically be first choice right back, merely that's the position he sees him in. - Time will tell I suppose.
  • Options
    Its a toughie, i really rate moo2 going forward, but it would take a brave man to talk up his defending. Its not atrocious by any stretch, but is there really a defender 'in him'?
  • Options
    me and him both.

Moo2 unfortunately has made too many mistakes defensively so you can't blame Pards as much as I like Moo2oo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Perhaps it's just me but I didn't interpret - "But he wants to play at right-back and, at the moment, that's where I'll use him." - as meaning he'll automatically be first choice right back, merely that's the position he sees him in. - Time will tell I suppose.

Disagree mate. I think it means Cranie will very much be the 1st choice right back.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: markwebb22[/cite]Its a toughie, i really rate moo2 going forward, but it would take a brave man to talk up his defending. Its not atrocious by any stretch, but is there really a defender 'in him'?
    He is a poor mans Eboue from Arsenal (who also couldnt defend for his life).

Wenger moved him to the wing and plays pretty well there - could the same happen with Yassin?
  • Options
    You can't have Youga and Moo2 in the same side for starters, so one has to give, which one I don't know
  • Options
    Moots is so good attacking and so bad at defending, shouldn't he play on the wing or something?
  • Options
    how moots has been called a defender worries me big time was it Scunny away when he air kicked
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    moots and youga aren't good enough at the moment imo, nowhere near good enough for a promotion chasing outfit!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Moots is so good attacking and so bad at defending, shouldn't he play on the wing or something?
    Good shout.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Moots is so good attacking and so bad at defending, shouldn't he play on the wing or something?

As a wing-back with a three man central defence would work.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]moots and youga aren't good enough at the moment imo, nowhere near good enough for a promotion chasing outfit!

I don't get that. When Yoga was at Stoke he had a blinder, what was Pulis doing that Pardew isn't?
  • Options
    He was at Scunny. And i'd suggest they had different expectations/skill levels to us so he got raved about alot more...
  • Options
    I prefer Youga to Basey
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Youga has a lot of enthusiasm, jury is out on the levels of his skill etc.
  • Options
    Plenty of skills, Salad.

It's his concentration levels and self discipline that worries me.
  • Options
    yes Ogster, that is more to the point!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Plenty of skills, Salad.

Spot on Oggy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    again oggerz, spot on. could be given a try on the wing but i think he'll still run round like a headless chicken, probs a tad too lightweight. i really rate moo2, just think he may be one of those that cant take it on to the next level so to speak. hopefully he can prove me wrong! sadly feel the same about mr youga, if he could cut his mistakes (which i perceive to be due to a lack of concentration/lazyness) i think he could be great, but at the moment i think he is a little overrated. again, please prove me wrong kelly!
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Plenty of skills, Salad.

Youga's problem was that he used to overlap Thomas who moved inside, but if Kelly then lost the ball the whole left side was open to counter. Hopefully Bouaza will give him better cover. I didn't see the Preston match but Moo2 seems to have defended well all season and cut out his errors, and his pace will always give him a chance to recover. I cannot see that Crainie will offer anything like Yassin going forward, so the swop would be a backward step especially as Harry will want him back.
  • Options
    I would definitely have tried using the moo as a winger by now...
  • Options
    Maybe Pardew couldn't use Moo2 as a winger as he never had another RB.