Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Met Police Crime Map

http://maps.met.police.uk/

Lights blue touch paper and retires

Comments

• Options
    No surprises there...
  • Options
    dont believe there were 3 crimes in SE7 in July. I tried to call the police about 3 weeks agao and they said they were too busy to come as they were dealing with too many other incidents in the area. and that was on a monday night.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I think you should follow that up, if you have the time to do so Curb_it. Someone, somewhere is obviously bullshitting.

Unless of course all three crimes happened on that same night...
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    this only records some types of crime . Think its only three types ? the Met say it will be updated an include clear up rates -----no dont laugh ! of course that assumes that if the numbers are bad they will update it of course.
  • Options
    I see that on London Tonight, I think it was tuesday. so I had a go! Shooterhill, Average......fair do's I think a few car break in's a few house's have been done!!
    Herbert road below Average..... some one's having a giggle i think, that's a no go area after dark.
    So I'm not sure were those figures come from.
  • Options
    Im Average but down the road is above down teh other way below
  • Options
    oh well my area is on the up (in crime figures!)
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]dont believe there were 3 crimes in SE7 in July. I tried to call the police about 3 weeks ago and they said they were too busy to come as they were dealing with too many other incidents in the area. and that was on a monday night.

Not sure if I read it right but it does say SE7 3 crimes but if you click on the compare slider it says 24 for Charlton in July but only 3 for sub ward? Everywhere I clicked around Charlton it said 3. How does that work? Is that 8 sub wards with 3 in each totalling 24?

Also only for burglary, robbery and vehicle crime. Still don't believe it though!
  • Options
    The boundaries of these things are funny - they work on council wards which can be all over the shop (Charlton council ward only covers about 2/3rds of SE7), and then they're down to lower level areas which the Met are calling "sub-wards", which are only blocks of a few streets, and the boundaries of those can appear even more eccentric.

Like anything, they're all a bit made up to suit a particular purpose, really. It'd only be really useful if you knew what each crime was ("mugging outside Valley Cafe, Charlton Church Lane, 2.30am, Sept 1st") or something. And of course, a lot of robberies, especially involving kids, don't get reported.
  • Options
    I can't believe there have been no crimes on the River Thames...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2008
    Just celebrating given the two shootings that my part of Charlton is still Average as far as a ahouse buyer is concerned........
  • Options
    I love the way there is a colur code for LOW CRIME RATE, and it's unused!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: sporaddick[/cite]
    Not sure if I read it right but it does say SE7 3 crimes but if you click on the compare slider it says 24 for Charlton in July but only 3 for sub ward? Everywhere I clicked around Charlton it said 3. How does that work? Is that 8 sub wards with 3 in each totalling 24?[/quote]

If you're looking at it in a really detailed view, there's are six or seven different sub-wards that make up Charlton. Some have only 1 crime for July, some have 8. Added together it makes 24 in total for Charlton. The easiest way to see the overall Charlton number is to zoom out (using the minus sign by the slider on the left) until you get to a level where it just shows wards rather than those tiny sub-wards.
  • Options
    Out of interest, if an away fan was arrested for drunk and disorderly at a game at the Valley, would that show up in the statistics for that particular ward ?
  • Options
    No, it wouldn't.

But if the away fan beat someone up, it might.

(Except if they beat them outside the Anti, because that's in Peninsula ward.)