Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

toon army

are they mugs fanatics or fickle

Comments

• Options
    mugs, ripping up their season tickets because the manager has gone. What's next? AFC Toon?
  • Options
    if I hear "sack the board" one more time I'm gonna swing for them , they've been singing it since the 80's
  • Options
    An annoying bunch that Toon Army, broken record related.
  • Options
    Thousands outside St James Park all week, no WHU fans outside Upton Park. Why? All the cockneys are at work!
  • Options
    Those fat NUFC tatted bastards bouncing up and down and waving their shirts above their heads sum it up for me. Definitely mugs.
  • Options
    Over rated "fans" ,
    how many there in 87 when we beat them 3-0 ?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Thousands outside St James Park all week, no WHU fans outside Upton Park. Why? All the cockneys are at work![/quote]

ha ha very good and so true
  • Options
    I heard one of their fans on the radio this morning saying that the season was over as far as he was concerned, which seemed to be stretching the point a little bit...
  • Options
    Just over 27,000.

HOWEVER... fast forward to 1990, and there were just 14,000 there to see us beat them 3-1. 50% of the most loyal, diehard etc etc fans gone in three years, just like that.

That was not even their worst crowd that season either, they were only 5 people over having a four figure crowd for the visit of Oxford, and on four more occasions had less than 14,000.

Guess who's been looking at the Rothmans Yearbook....
  • Options
    Apparently they are ripping up there season tickets and saying they won't be back. Very sensible as you have already paid and all that will mean they'll be an empty seat thats paid for. Won't affect money coming in cause Ashley will already have it in the bank. If they boycotted one match that would make more sense.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be fair to the Newcastle fans you do have to ask what's going on. Billionaire comes in, brings back their beloved messiah, all going well..................then he brings in Dennis Wise over Keegans head to take control of transfers!!
  • Options
    As Jim would say;

"loyal supporters , my ar*e ".
  • Options
    I might have been seeing things but I am sure some of the pictures on SSN showed them waving their shoes in the air. Even more strange was that they were all waving their right shoe, apart from one guy who was waving both of his. Any idea why?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]I might have been seeing things but I am sure some of the pictures on SSN showed them waving their shoes in the air. Even more strange was that they were all waving their right shoe, apart from one guy who was waving both of his. Any idea why?

Because he is the messiah. Although his mum said he not the messiah he's just a very naughty boy.

Anyone want to make an offer for a gort(sp).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]I might have been seeing things but I am sure some of the pictures on SSN showed them waving their shoes in the air. Even more strange was that they were all waving their right shoe, apart from one guy who was waving both of his. Any idea why?
    They were singing something along the lines of:

"Shoes off if you love King Kev, shoes off if you love King Kev"

I think another team (Sheff Utd?) did it a couple of seasons ago when moaning about Robson.
  • Options
    Someone on SSN last night says they would rather support Sunderland than ever return to St. James Park. Another claim to have ripped up 2 platinum tickets worth £14,000.

Ha ha!
  • Options
    alan oliver - a well respected journo from up there reckons St James will be empty for the Hull game.

That would be an awesome display of unhappiness if they do it.

Personally they drive me mad georgdies reckon they are some big club which is bollox. I've been up there in the 80's when there was barely 15k so where they all come from all of a sudden.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    They were singing something along the lines of:

"Shoes off if you love King Kev, shoes off if you love King Kev"

I think another team (Sheff Utd?) did it a couple of seasons ago when moaning about Robson.

Blimey and I thought was watching the Iraqi supporters branch
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: southamptonaddick[/cite]Apparently they are ripping up there season tickets and saying they won't be back. Very sensible as you have already paid and all that will mean they'll be an empty seat thats paid for. Won't affect money coming in cause Ashley will already have it in the bank. If they boycotted one match that would make more sense.[/quote]

That's why if I was a Geordie, I'd pay for my ticket on the monthly, at least then you can stop the direct debit!
  • Options
    Listening to talksport last night and hearing 4 geordie callers say are the bigest team in the world .......LOL!!
    There not even the bigest team in the north east........Joke!

If my memory is right when we beat Newcastle 4-3(In the last minute!) there were less then 20,000th??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Funny, I always liked going up there, it was certainly lively -the 3-0 ended up with a pitch invasion and broken goals, just because they stayed up that year. But when Sky got hold of them and they became, quote, the greatest fans in the history of football etc, etc, all because of a few tears at Anfield when they blew another 3-1 lead, it all got a bit ridiculous.
  • Options
    I feel sorry for em myself. Been royally fecked about.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Thousands outside St James Park all week, no WHU fans outside Upton Park. Why? All the cockneys are at work!

Because no WHU fans live near enough. It's Asian only (and I'm not being racist). Most WHU fans live out in Essex.
  • Options
    The only way back for Mike Ashley now is if he persuades Shearer to take the job. Anyone else and he might as well not bother setting foot back in St James'. Also i'm sure i read somewhere that Wise works out of an office in London. Probably just as well really.
  • Options
    Mugs who just want to get on TV!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Thousands outside St James Park all week, no WHU fans outside Upton Park. Why? All the cockneys are at work!

It's effing true!

Sounds really pompous, but I lived there for over 2 years, and they're just obsessed with the "history, legends, keegan, shearer, best support", but as previous posts suggest, they stay away in droves when the shit hits the fan, or they're outside in their hundreds when the TV cameras are about - immediately appear whatever time or day of the week!

I'll never forget the last time I was up there (1-1 Rommedahl), and we started singing "Graham Souness is getting the sack...." and the ones next to us joined in!!
  • Options
    when their crowds were 15-20k ours were aroun 5-7k so theirs has gone up 3 to 4 fold like ours but in much bigger numbers and they have always had good away support whatever their home crowds have been
    and they are so much more passionate for their team in terms of noise and support than we've ever been
    but it is laughable how chuff they've been for a reasonably well supported team, the people running the club can't be all there if they appointed dennis wise
  • Options
    watched the coventry-newcastle Carling game on the box last week and there were 3-4,000 of them behind the goal

pretty damn impressive for a second round match live on the telly when 90% of them would have to get back to the NE afterwards

so in my book they are a seriously good set of fans
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]pretty damn impressive for a second round match live on the telly when 90% of them would have to get back to the NE afterwards

oh i thought they all lived in london;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Thousands outside St James Park all week, no WHU fans outside Upton Park. Why? All the cockneys are at work![/quote]

I think you mean the Job Centre or collecting their Job Seekers Allowance from the Post Office...