Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Now I hate Italians but imagine this mob turning up in your town.....

Napoli arriving in Roma last weekend.

Big club Napoli from a shite area. Were getting regular 60k crowds in Seria C a few years back.

Bet they would go missing if they played over here though, like all Italians.

Would like Pompey or Spurs to draw them in the Uefa!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVczsnRuOyg

Comments

• Options
    You hate Italians?

That's profound. How about if I posted on here 'I hate whites' - you think that would go down well?

Honestly, this board is getting ridiculous lately
  • Options
    Agreed Leroy...
  • Options
    I must be missing it, what exactly are they doing wrong in the video? Looks like a massive following turning up for a big away day. Incidentally I'm heading over there for the last week in October, hopefully catching 3 Serie A games, can't wait
  • Options
    They won't be on any more away days for a while

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sep2p.html
  • Options
    On the flip side, I love Italy - a truly beautiful country which i have traversed from top to toe - if I ever moved back to Europe Italy would be my number one choice as to where to live. The food, the culture, the countryside, the women...............
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]On the flip side, I love Italy - a truly beautiful country which i have traversed from top to toe - if I ever moved back to Europe Italy would be my number one choice as to where to live. The food, the culture, the countryside, the women...............
    Having married a Sicilian and holidayed there every year for the past seven years I'd agree with you 100% Oakster. Its a fantastic place - Rome especially is beyond beautiful. The people are exceptionally friendly, the food is fantastic and as for the scenery - well it is simply gorgeous. Rome is up there with Valencia, Sevilla and Munich as one of the best places I've visited in the world - but I can honestly say I've never had a single bad experience anywhere in Italy. Then again, i wasn't running round mob-handed and tooled up, smashing chairs & bottles, pissing in the street and chanting 'Engerlund Engerlund Engerlund' at the top of my voice.
  • Options
    That was when you went to Paris instead was it Leroy?
    ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]That was when you went to Paris instead was it Leroy?
    ;o)
    LOL
    Actually, I'm not impressed with Paris. I've been there four times altogether - admittedly three of them were whilst working - and it just struck me as loud, smelly and expensive (just like London!). Outside it though, France is quite nice - though nowhere has ever 'grabbed' me as somewhere I'd want to go back to - even the cote d'azur wasn't all that tbh. maybe I should have been pissing in the streets and getting run out of local bars - I might have enjoyed it more :)
  • Options
    The only bad thing I had happen to me in Italy was being mistaken for a Man Utd fan because we were cheering on Charlton against Arsenal. A great place IMO.
  • Options
    I'm in Naples and Pisa next week, so i'll let you all know !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Take my advice AFKA and spend as much time as you can in Pisa. I don't want to spoil your trip but Naples is the worst place I've been in my life. If you can get out of town, Sorrento, Capri and Ischia are lovely and Vesuvius and Pompeii are fascinating. The city of Napoli though is just a filthy hole.
  • Options
    I spent a week in Napoli a few years ago - enjoyed every moment of it - we even stayed in the old quarter, a little hotel in the back streets. It maybe a bit intimidating around the rail station, but honestly it's 100% safer & less intimidating than say Burnley, Leicester or Crawley on a Saturday night.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ha ha there's the rub, we were staying right at the back of the rail station. Things we saw in the streets: piles of rubbish, rats, tampons (used), condoms (used), needles (presumably used), tramps, beggars and lots and lots of dogshit. Lovely.
  • Options
    Naples is a hell hole...not helped by all the rubbish piled up in the streets...do yourself a favour, get on a train or hire a car and get down to the Amalfi coast...45 mins or so and you're in Positano and it doesn't get any better then that...
  • Options
    LOL - Napoli is OK - certainly better than any of the dingy northern shitholes I've been to in England. the rubbish in the streets there was an ongoing one for years and whilst still a problem, it isn't anything like at the crisis propertions it was last year. The main issue is that there simply isn't any room to dump Napolitans' rubbish in the city's waste facilities, and, quite naturally, no-one else wants to take it for free. The city council knows there's a huge problem, but wouldn't pay for it to be dumped elsewhere, and didn't raise taxes to get it paid for by the populace because they knew it would spark a revolt and didn't want to get kicked out of office (politicians in 'crooked the world over' shocker). Last year they finally sorted a new facility out and the rubbish piles - whilst still worse than in other Italian cities - are nothing like as bad as they used to be.
  • Options
    Not many flasks and tartan blankets in that video
  • Options
    I guess if you are looking to be surrounded by the types who frequent Badminton, the Henley Regatta & the like - then you'll enjoy Positano, Capri & Sorrento more than Napoli. The last straw was sitting next to David Mellor & a bunch of braying toffs at a faux-Italian restaurant in Capri - we however got fed up with all the plummy English accents & headed back to Naples.

What I liked about Naples is it's a real window on the realities of Italian life, we ate at some fantastic (non-touristy) pizzerias, drank in some bars with Calcio flickering away on the TV, used the transit system to explore the suburbs & avoided like the plague the tourist traps which are a magnet for the wrong un's in the city.

I guess a city is what you make of it - if you were to visit London & spend your time queuing for Madam Tussauds, loitering around Buckingham Palace & venturing little beyond Leicester Square you would be going back telling everyone London is full of tourists & rip-off attractions.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]LOL - Napoli is OK - certainly better than any of the dingy northern shitholes I've been to in England. the rubbish in the streets there was an ongoing one for years and whilst still a problem, it isn't anything like at the crisis propertions it was last year. The main issue is that there simply isn't any room to dump Napolitans' rubbish in the city's waste facilities, and, quite naturally, no-one else wants to take it for free. The city council knows there's a huge problem, but wouldn't pay for it to be dumped elsewhere, and didn't raise taxes to get it paid for by the populace because they knew it would spark a revolt and didn't want to get kicked out of office (politicians in 'crooked the world over' shocker). Last year they finally sorted a new facility out and the rubbish piles - whilst still worse than in other Italian cities - are nothing like as bad as they used to be.

I'm glad they've sorted out the rubbish dump problem, but from what I saw there was rubbish everywhere and that was before they officially ran out of space. It seemed to me that the main issue wasn't the lack of space, but the lack of pride. It wasn't just rubbish in piles but litter dropped everywhere generally mixed with the other issues I've alluded to maily the complete disregard people seemed to have for their living space.

I hope you are right Leroy, but i honestly think that from what I saw it would take a hell of a lot more that a new refuse disposal contract to put right.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    love Italy. Food, football, architecture (new and old), you can wander into what looks like a run of the mill Church and find a fantastic renaissance masterpiece.

Never been further south then Anzio but loved Rome and the Lakes.

Paris is loud, smelly and expensive but that's what I expect a capital city to be. Wonderful little parks and some great galleries and restaurants. Especially now with Eurostar it is so easy to go for the weekend.

The rest of France is great as well. Sometimes the locals can be a bit offish with Brits in Paris but outside of the cities and tourist areas they are OK if you make an effort.

Leroy, never had you down as someone who urinated in the street or chucked chairs about. You learn something every day. ;- )
  • Options
    i hate italy. everything about it,apart from rossi and di canio, proper mob that tho!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's Italy and France to cross off my list of places to visit, thanks to our resident "Alan Whicker" ;-)
  • Options
    truely if we had that support at the Valley we would be insane!!!

Imagine that at Waterloo east lol
  • Options
    how much of a fecking impressive turnout is that jeeesus can you imagine that at norwood in a couple of weeks past the cherry trees you can only wish
  • Options
    Awesome turnout...reminds me of the seventies and a few of our top away days...long gone
  • Options
    quality i reckon they are going around in a circle for effect.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Only time ever been ski - ing was the Italian Alps . Was useless at itbut best bit was geting lost and fronting up in tiny villiage the locals were fantastic great laugh, friendly good people.

Paris Nord Sation now thats a place not to wander around after dark. Like the old KingsCross 15 years ago.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Think the most unreal turnout I saw at in Italian game was when Palermo played their first game after promotion at Inter. You couldn't tell exactly from the TV, but it looked like they filled the lower tier at the San Siro and part of the tier above. Thats getting on for 8-9000. Respectable in any circumstances, but when you consider Palermos about 800 miles away AND it was a saturday night game,even allowing for Sicilians who live in the north it was pretty amazing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]quality i reckon they are going around in a circle for effect.

that's exactly what i thought, ffs that must've been the worlds biggest train dropping them lot off....
    reminds me of our away trips from years gone by the numbers, the passion lol
  • Options
    my thoughts were how fecking big was that train more for an away game than palarse get at home
  • Options
    U just know if that were here you'd still get some jobsworth
    "can i see your tickets please"