Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Zealand Bungy Jump - Doing it for Charlton

edited September 2008 in Not Sports Related
135m high, 8.5 seconds freefall. The 2nd highest bungy jump in the world.

I done it today. In my Charlton shirt. Got in the programme for my Skydive for those of you who remember. Hope for the same this time. I'm going to be home in 2 weeks after a year away so stuff like this has to be done while I've got the chance.

Fancy it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRoTdQh9eyo

Comments

• Options
    Maybe Curbs can do it when he goes and visits his sister on gardening leave.....
  • Options
    good work - jumped that myself a few years back when I was travelling. Great rush!!
  • Options
    nice one... i love the 'are they in the top division' question from guy sorting the bungee out, if only!!
  • Options
    The man has Cojones!!!! Well very squeezed ones!!!

If you are still in Queenstown - you gotta do Shotover Jet.

I wish I was there with you - it's an awesome place.
  • Options
    begs the question WHY

F*** that -
  • Options
    Feckin' hell! You'd never get me up there. Well done, that must have been an amazing rush.
  • Options
    Did it myself a few years back while it was belting down with snow - proper sh*t myself especially when I heard a clunking sound when I tried to pull the rope that you are supposed to pull mid way down.
  • Options
    jesus dude, you are a brave muthafunker, absolute fair play to that!! wouldnt do that even if you payed me!! sodthat!
  • Options
    Not even a wobble before you jumped - amazing, fair play to you. Not in a million years for me!

They should play that on the big screen at The Valley either before the game or at half time, it would be very worthy!

Henry could you make this happen?
  • Options
    Great video and even better that you did it in your Addicks shirt.

I've always wanted to do the one in South Africa off the bridge into that huge Valley, the name of the place has slipped my mind at the mo. If anything goes wrong and your gonna die what a great view on the way down!

On Ian Wright's program a few years back where they dared people to face their fears for a member of their family they challenged a fella who was terrified of heights to jump off it.

Could feel the adrenaline pumping just watching that. Its on my list of things to before I hit 35. Few years to go shame it all costs a fortune.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did one way back in 1992 in Chelsea Harbour, still got it on video somewhere.
  • Options
    nice one fella
  • Options
    took the easy way out done the bungee rocket thing in majorca
  • Options
    Did it in Queenstown in 94 - first off the bus, full of confidence....but then I got on the bridge....was the last to do the jump and was practically shoved off by the safety guy... Of course, loved it once I'd done it but would I do it again?.....hmmm
  • Options
    Get in there...........!!!
  • Options
    Rather than you than me...
  • Options
    It's one of my ambition's to do a Bungi jump, AFKA, what about next year for Demelza???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]It's one of my ambition's to do a Bungi jump, AFKA, what about next year for Demelza???

Afka could do one off a table
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited September 2008
    That's harsh, very harsh................but funny.
  • Options
    RED ARRRMY!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That is support, certainly puts Charlton on the map in terms of bungie jumpers but wouldnt catch me doin that for love or money.
  • Options
    Just got on with it - fair play.
    I'd be like a jelly, talking sh*te. In fact I wouldnt do it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]It's one of my ambition's to do a Bungi jump, AFKA, what about next year for Demelza???

Afka could do one off a table

Thats had me in stitches!
  • Options
    Thanks for the comments guys,

Trust me I had been crapping my pants for days leading up to it, but once you get up there you just gotta go for it.. and if you don't jump on the 3 then you will never do it. So glad I done it, was a great buzz.

I'm back from my travels for the Sheffield Wednesday game so if anything could be arranged to show the clip at half-time then that would be awesome. My mate who im travelling with done it with me and he is also in a Charlton shirt and has a youtube link.

Tom