Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Curbs, West Ham & all that...

Now, I may have missed the announcement of his departure, but as far as I'm aware Big Merv is still at Upton Park. Does that mean he'll be in charge at the weekend?

Comments

• Options
    Nope - Kevin Keen has been handed the reins whilst they choose Curbs replacement.
  • Options
    i thought the number 2 would get it maybe they dont think much of Day over there?
  • Options
    Maybe Day simply didn't want the job.

He managed Carlisle and got them promoted but was then happy to work as Curbs' number 2 with us for nearly 10 years before picking up the same job at West Ham.

It is probable Curbs would have confided in him and given the circumstances behind Curbs' departure would you want the job even on a temporary basis?
  • Options
    I hear what you're saying Len - I was just thinking it'd be funny to see Merv trotting out as a Premiership "manager" at the weekend...
  • Options
    From the East End Advertiser

"WEST HAM fans never really took to Alan Curbishley. They never chanted his name; few were complimentary about his tactics; and the word on many a message board was that it was a mistake to give him the job in the first place.

But his sudden departure last Wednesday has signalled an overwhelming support for a man who was West Ham United through and through.

Now he is seen as more sinned against than sinning; now he is seen as a victim not just of the Hammers' board, but of modern football itself.

The problem was Curbishley was too nice and too principled to succeed in this modern age.

When he first took the job, he commented that he was not prepared for the spotlight that would be thrown upon him compared to his time at sleepy Charlton Athletic....."

interesting! obsessed with fans singing his name - reckon he (and the media) are deaf?
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Pardon?
  • Options
    Perhaps he was after complimentary chants rather than derogatory ones! ;o)
  • Options
    Sleepy Charlton Athletic?? Me thinks someone at that paper has delusions of grandeur about West Ham.
  • Options
    lets hope they get what we got given after his departure
  • Options
    Big club syndrome! Yeah right.
    About to appoint a rookie manager who is hoping to use them as a stepping stone en route to Chelsea.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The report was much in the same vein about Pards when he left the Scamsters.
  • Options
    Come on. You just knew that West Ham was far too big a job for Curbs. They re a huge club....not
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BexleyRed[/cite]Come on. You just knew that West Ham was far too big a job for Curbs. They re a huge club....not

But thye won the world cup in 66 and have "The Academy" and always had an English manager..................... till yesterday
  • Options
    English Manager - was Lou McCari a Scot?
  • Options
    Probably , but the question should be............
    "Was Lou Macari a manager ?"
  • Options
    i wonder what Gianfranco Zola will make of "Merv the swerv"
  • Options
    think you might find Lou McCari still is a Scot.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    McCari - LOL

His name is Luigi Macari
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]McCari - LOL

His name is Luigi Macari

Playedfootball with his cousin once,played one game thought we were shite never bothered to get changed and never gave us the top he was wearing back - git