Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

moral dilemma

edited September 2008 in Not Sports Related
I look after the email system in my office and part of that is keeping an eye on a mailbox that tends to get a lot of junk but also the odd mis-addressed peice of mail. When this happense I just forward it on.

However we had an item in there today to one of our staff of a rather fruity nature. The problem will be that if I forward it on to the person concerned they will know someone else has seen it and may be embarassed/worried given the content of the message (nothing offensive but not something they would want others to know about).

I am tempted to just ignore it and not forward it to save any hassle, what would you lot do?

Comments

• Options
    Ki your job is to forward it. Think of yourself first. Tough sh*t on them.
  • Options
    better cut and paste it on to here so we can judge it for you!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Ki your job is to forward it. Think of yourself first. Tough sh*t on them.

The correct and professional answer
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]better cut and paste it on to here so we can judge it for you!

The right answer : - )
  • Options
    Is the sender from within your organisation?

If so maybe a discreet word to be more careful about addressing in future!

If not then will the recipient be any the wiser if they don't get it?

If somebody is trying to arrange a date or something with the recipient then you probably need to forward it on but otherwise delete it I reckon.
  • Options
    I'm with Adam and Henry - paste it on here ;o)
  • Options
    We cannot possibly pass judgement without seeing it. Whisper it and I will let you know my thoughts.
  • Options
    Def paste it here...

You could always scare the person it was meant for by saying they have a quarantined email due to the following words from whatever email address. To unblock the email please contact whoever. See if they are desperate for it!
  • Options
    just post it here and we will let you kow what to do once we have all read it
  • Options
    Forward it. I usually do or speak to your boss 1st and see what he says then your back is then safe.
  • Options
    sadly my level of integrity is exactly 3.2% higher than would permit me to post the contents here - it is nothing amazingly juicy but is very personal and not something the recipient would want being known about by anyone (especially not their other half)

I am leaning towards forwarding it with a reminder of what their email address is and then ignoring the matter. Fortunately I have only been here a few weeks and wouldn't recognise the recipient amongst the nameless faces in the office.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does it breach your office acceptable use policy for email? If not, forward it no question. If it does, have a word with your line manager first. Personally I'd be tempted to forward it with a note suggesting that they might want to provide the sender concerned with a personal email address rather than their work one.
  • Options
    don't bother, in fact why don't you set up a rejection for all misaddressed messages - that way people learn the right address?
  • Options
    Where do you work Kigelia? I've been waiting for my daily email from Ms Whiplash and haven't rec'd it today and thus my work is suffering...be a good fella and send it on eh? I'll put her right about the address so it won't happen again....

Cheers
    CC
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]wouldn't recognise the recipient amongst the nameless faces in the office.

Is the recipient female? If so, I'd be finding out who she is...!
  • Options
    Isn't this an immoral dilemma?
  • Options
    I can´t see the problem, I would print it and hand deliver it to the recipient and present it with a hearty slap on the back
  • Options
    She is shagging the boss
  • Options
    Is the boss female too?
  • Options
    Why not just reply to whoever sent it including the correct email address of intended recipient? Then its down to the sender to inform the person that their private life has become somewhat public!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I can´t see the problem, I would print it and hand deliver it to the recipient and present it with a hearty slap on the back

Or let them know you have it and blackmail them!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we really need to see this emal

Im sure none of us Would know who this person is and if any names are in there blank them out
  • Options
    Post the effing mail here, preferrably with a picture of the recipient, and then just send matey the link to this thread. A problem shared is a problem halved, apparently, so in the long run they should welcome our discussion of their droopy cock or whatever the issue actually is.