Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Facebook!

MCSMCS
edited September 2008 in Not Sports Related
My lord i really cant get hold of it!! I am an official tecnophobe granted but its really rubbish, i actually hate it!!

Why do they always change things that dont need changing! Anyone feel the same???

Comments

• Options
    You can change things back mate i found it all over the place so i changed back
  • Options
    You can change it back... for the moment. You won't be able to soon - its switching over to the new design completely with no revert possible in a couple of weeks. I agree - the new layout is bollocks - its been designed with advertisers in mind (surprise surprise)
  • Options
    I thought it had changed for good now, cos the other day i changed it as it was obviously going to change sooner or later, but now i cant see where you can click back!!

As my status update thingy said the other day, if it aint broke, dont fix it!! Noticed the advertising thing too, as you say leroy, shock!!!
  • Options
    I'm only a relative newbie to Facebook so not really had this problem. It seems simple enough to me!
  • Options
    its shit! end of! old facebook is good, new is too much, all over the place, trying to hard to do too many things, old facebook was shitty and simple, like me! I cant do the new one, its horrible! i am off to cry in my technophobe soup!
  • Options
    Bro, on your facebook page, what does it say in the very top right hand of your screen?
  • Options
    yeah seen it now, reverted back already, but when i wrote the initial rant facebook wouldnt load so couldn't go and check!

Just sent feedback to them anyway, telling them they are nothing but monkey scrotes for changing it!!
  • Options
    I really like the new version
  • Options
    Doesnt bother me, either!
  • Options
    yes back to the old page thank god
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]monkey scrotes

hahahahahaha

that's an amazing commet ollie.
  • Options
    The old version really didn't make much use of the space available, and with advertising and the amount of crappy 'applications' they have they probably need it.

Still prefer the old one though.
  • Options
    another thing is its so flippin slow, dont load my pics and yesterday my mrs managed to lock up my mac (which i hasten to add has never happened in 5 years of me owning it!) new facebook is really annoying, it was a nice simple concept, now they have fecked it up so its unusable, dickheads!
  • Options
    Talking of Facebook, a friend of mine, some of you may have even met or said hello to (theres a clue in that) got caught at the weekend, left his Facebook logged in, other half found messages to a nubile young female and alleged shenanigans detailed within, oh the misery.

Dangerous stuff, with old flames and female friends aplenty on peoples Facebook accounts.
  • Options
    ha ha E i havea few on mine when i send messages i delete straight away also on that chat every couple of lines i clear the history and always shut it down when i leave the PC or at least tell them im off for a bit.

You have to be so so careful
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]ha ha E i havea few on mine when i send messages i delete straight away also on that chat every couple of lines i clear the history and always shut it down when i leave the PC or at least tell them im off for a bit.

You have to be so so careful

Same here, everyday at work clear history on everything, and I mean everything, learnt that lesson a while back.(not women related I hasten to add)
  • Options
    Yes same here at work knowing were i work history gone cookies gone the lot leav no trace
  • Options
    Technically there will be a trace left on the hard disk somewhere, but only findable (is that a word?) and resurrectable by the right people and techy equipment/software, but not obvious or traceable to the general PC user/laymen.
  • Options
    dam oh well i keep it clear as poss but will be careful save certain things for at home
  • Options
    When ever you walk away from the PC, do CTRL-ALT-DELETE and hit lock PC or workstation, depending whether using XP or Vista.
    Never ever leave the PC unattended whether at work or at home. Dont trust anybody!

The New FB has a lot to answer for.
    It seems to be crashing everyone's PC at the mo and bearing in mind I've got a bloody expensive set up too, FB is working like a pig on both my lappy and desktop at the mo. The messenger system crashes every two or three messages now and is a real pain in the butt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah new format crashes a lot gone back to the old and teh bowling games does not freeze as much now
  • Options
    New format is the only format now. What an absolute mess! Everything is all over the place, i hate it now!
  • Options
    hate hate hate, me too! for gods sake its still so glichy, why would they change it without ironing these problems out!! bunch of rotters
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]hate hate hate, me too! for gods sake its still so glichy, why would they change it without ironing these problems out!! bunch of rotters

Only because your on it all day like me fella, I can see you there, lurking...lol
  • Options
    does it say i am on it all day then dude, cos when i close the page i expect it to make me off line???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]does it say i am on it all day then dude, cos when i close the page i expect it to make me off line???

All day mate, you can appear offline if you click the right button
  • Options
    but surely if your off line then you are still sort of online!! all this modern techno has me in all sorts of bother da9!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Technically there will be a trace left on the hard disk somewhere, but only findable (is that a word?) and resurrectable by the right people and techy equipment/software, but not obvious or traceable to the general PC user/laymen.

It's also probably plasterd all over the system firewall.

Your work will use something to track your internet usage!
  • Options
    Oh, theres also a few firefox scripts to get old facebook back, a little buggy at the moment but should get better.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]but surely if your off line then you are still sort of online!! all this modern techno has me in all sorts of bother da9!

I've just re-installed IE6 as my IE7 was playing havoc with youtube, so its all changed again...aaaarrrggghhhhhh