Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Death Magnetic

Anyone else bought the latest Metallica album yet.

I can't stop listening to it, imho some of their best work ever.

Comments

• Options
    Love the name change.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    This is my last weekend in London ;-(

Charlton better not feck it up
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU6[/cite]Anyone else bought the latest Metallica album yet.

Have they got rid of the biscuit tin lid drum sound?
  • Options
    Enter Sandman is and will forever be a choon.
  • Options
    all students should be made to work on the roads at weekends.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU6[/cite]Anyone else bought the latest Metallica album yet.

haven't bought any of their stuff for a while now but was thinking about getting this one. give us a review Stu.
  • Options
    no, but going to see them at the 02 on monday.

and 'appy birfdee, stu.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Have to agree Stu. Managed to download it (illegally of course) about three weeks ago now and its been on the iPod, in the car, everywhere. It's a real case of getting back to what they were bloody good at. Ordered the CD from Amazon today (before anyone moans I've been a knock off nigel!)

Current favourite track is Suicide & Redemption. Absolutely thunderous main riff which has been banging through my head and I've been humming it for nearly a week now. Could quite of easily of found itself alongside Orion on the Master of Puppets album.

Definitely their best album since the untitled black album and very close in my opinion to their best work since 1987 when And Justice for All was released.

Les >> how did you get hold of the 02 tickets. Are you in their fan club or did you manage to get them from elsewhere?
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    signed up for free membership at the beginning of last week. that was the final category for ticket sales after the proper fan club members bought theirs. guess i was lucky. up in the top tier right at the back though. still, should be a top gig.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Death Magnetic is a great album. Not quite a return to form on the level of Justice or Puppets, but an excellent album after the turd that was St Wanker. Lars no longer sounds like he's hitting dustbin lids instead of a snare and there is some quality riffage all the way through the album. Sort of like what they should have sounded like between Justice and the Black album.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Lars no longer sounds like he's hitting dustbin lids instead of a snare

Thats all i wanted to know..thank you
  • Options
    Just ordered it over t'internet. £6.99 from CD Wow - rude not to really.
  • Options
    They've just belted out Sandman on Jools Holland. RAWK!
  • Options
    Got this the other day (only just seen this thread).

Agree with the other comments about it.

Fave tracks atm, All Nightmare Long and That Was Just Your Life.

Welcome back solos.
  • Options
    i aint no metal head but god i love that album every song over 7minutes long worth it
  • Options
    I've got a copy of it. It's a great album, which surprised me after St Anger. I think saying it's their best work is a bit far fetched, I don't think they will ever top master of puppets. Some of the lyrics are a bit poor as well.
  • Options
    New Album out tomorrow...

"Hardwired...To Self Destruct".
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

New Album out tomorrow...

"Hardwired...To Self Destruct".

Maybe Katrien and Roland have listened to it already?

• Options
    They've released a music video for each track already. Sounds very, very good. A mix between Death Magnetic/Justice but with a feeling of Load and Reload in there too.

Metallica are my all time favourite band so this has been a long time coming!