Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Vs Croatia

England 3 nil up on Sky at 1 v 0 was said England playing best they had seen since Germany 5 v 1 .

bollo* that we cant see they goals

Comments

• Options
    You can, at 11.30 if you've any type of Digital tv
  • Options
    It will prove to be Capello's high water point just like Ericsson in Munich
  • Options
    FFS Walcot hatrick ?????
  • Options
    unbelievable!

nearly five then!

"5-1 and even Heskey scored!"
  • Options
    Would have been 5 -1 if Lumpolards goal had not been disallowed when 3-0
  • Options
    Bloody Hell.
  • Options
    Bloody hell Indeed!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]You can, at 11.30 if you've any type of Digital tv

On what?
  • Options
    fair play england, they done a real job on cro tonight. Theo took his goals really well, and rooneys first touch fot theos 3rd was out of this world!!

i predicted we would lose 2-0, love it when i am wrong like this
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]You can, at 11.30 if you've any type of Digital tv

On what?

on whatever the Setanta channel is on Sky Digital, BT Vision, Freeview, Virgin Media, Tiscalli, and on Setanta.com
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rothers he means on what channel, so the answer is setenta on free view (i think)
  • Options
    Kap - it's free-to-view on Setanta Sports 1 from 11.30, with the Scotland highlights before that.
  • Options
    and in any case, you'll be able to see the goals at the end of the main news on BBC and ITV at 10pm - news programmes have limited access to Setanta's pictures (as with all broadcasters' matches).
  • Options
    Just seen one of the goals on BBC news
  • Options
    great result and performance... we're so going thru in this group ... it all clicked and worked tonight...
    as someone who initially slagged walcott off for his earlier arsenal performances , fair play to him tonight i mean playing on the wing and getting a hatrick!!
  • Options
    Thanks guys
  • Options
    Can i just say my comments about theo walcott not being able to play as a striker for england were wrong and i wholely appologise, as for the foul on joe cole and the state of his nogging after never has there been a more red card offence
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Can i just say my comments about theo walcott not being able to play as a striker for england were wrong and i wholely appologise, as for the foul on joe cole and the state of his nogging after never has there been a more red card offence

Reckless rather than intentional I'd say......probably a straight red when all things considered.
  • Options
    aye to that nla, not the walcott part, i think he is a winger. aye to the red card thingy tho, shocking that, awesome cut on coles head too, and also add to that there goal shouldnt of been allowed either, that was a foul blatent on terry !!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Can i just say my comments about theo walcott not being able to play as a striker for england were wrong and i wholely appologise, as for the foul on joe cole and the state of his nogging after never has there been a more red card offence

Reckless rather than intentional I'd say......probably a straight red when all things considered.

to be fair it was all because of Rooney's hospital ball he lobbed in the air right on the half way line. Although saying that he played very well, especially in the second half, his control before he played the ball for Walcott's 3rd was brilliant
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I saw the game live on Romanian Independent TV or Bulgar Broadcasting Corporation or something, with no sound in my village pub.

First goal was a bit jammy to say the least - lucky ricochet off a defender from a clearance fell straight into Woolcott's path, and his angled shot deflected off a defender and the keeper before crossing the line, But they all count, as Jimmy Greaves used to say.

Second goal was similar shot to the first - but this time a fine clean strike from Woolcott from an angle as he cut inside the box. Rooney made it 3-0.

The 'goal' Lumplard struck that was disallowed was England at their 'Brazillian' best - after England just cut their way through the Croatian defence with incisive passing.

The fourth was a composed finish 1 on 1 from Woolcott after a Rooney flick played him through.

Terry was nearly decapitated after a high kick which directly led to Croatia's goal.
    Weak officiating to ignore the foul.

Before that the Croatia No3 should have seen red - he'd already been booked for a blatant bodycheck in the 1st half and then did the same again but even more clinically to stop Rooney breaking through. Again, the ref bottled it - should have been a 2nd yellow followed by red.

And as for that thug who finished Joe Cole ..........

Still, splendid result for England and unforeseen by most wished I'd had gone down the bookies beforehand - would have been great odds to get England 4-1, I bet!

My forecast was England goal up before 2 late-ish 2nd half goals sent us home empty handed.
    Glad to be wrong.
  • Options
    This was a thoroughly good England performance and better than the 5-1 German game because we snuffed them out early on with high tempo then beat them at football. Yes there was luck about the first goal, but Lampards disallowed one should have been given - the best move of the match by some way and we had a nailed on penalty denied in the first half. Walcott was brilliant, Rooney showed what he can do both creating and scoring. Barrie and Lampard bossed the midfield (after Frank settled down).Heskie gave them problems in the air and the defence did Ok, not too many alarms. It just showed what confidence does to a team, by the end of the game we were stroking it around like Brazil. Yes they had a bloke sent off but we got the game won anyway by then.
  • Options
    I watch England games in much the same vein that i watch Charlton. in the hope that one day they will come good. And tonight we were rewarded, it was without doubt the first time since Euro 2004 that i've felt proud of them. Great performance, played as a team, delighted that Capello played his best team instead of the best players, took our goals well, completely outclassed them. I still think David James is a liability but besides that i can't take anything away from them. Bilic you should've taken the West Ham job!
  • Options
    I thought the first goal was offside - I think Rooney and one other were in an offside position when the ball was played originally (I was watching on a less than perfect streaming tv site), although Walcott was on-side when he took the goal, so maybe that balances out Lampard's disallowed goal.
  • Options
    Where does Gerrard fit into the England team when he returns?
  • Options
    I think that we played very well, once the spice boys put in a performance we are useful. Gerrard for Barry, easy.
  • Options
    think it is high time Lampard is given the bloody respect he deserves from fans of England - he was awesome last night. Enough of this crap he hasn't done it for england lately - what player has .

As for Heskey welcome back big man - you might not be a massive goal threat but boy does he work for the team.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I thought the first goal was offside - I think Rooney and one other were in an offside position when the ball was played originally (I was watching on a less than perfect streaming tv site), although Walcott was on-side when he took the goal, so maybe that balances out Lampard's disallowed goal.

Walcott offside for the 1st goal.....?

He might have been in an offside position ..... but the defender hacked a clearance which struck his own team mate and rebounded to Walcott - therefore, the ball played twice by oppoenents before falling to Walcott.

Not offside.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]Gerrard for Barry, easy.

I don't think that's going to happen
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]It will prove to be Capello's high water point just like Ericsson in Munich

Talk about finding a negative in everything....