Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where were you?

13»

Comments

• Options
    I am actually flying this September 11th, from Gatwick to Malaga
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I am actually flying this September 11th, from Gatwick to Malaga

Lightning never strikes twice! :-)
  • Options
    I had just collected a car from a customer when whatever was on the radio was interrupted with the news of the first 'plane. the motor was a posh S-Class with a dashboard T.V so I pulled over to see if anything was on about the crash. Saw the 2nd plane hit and just sat there watching in disbelief. Then my son 'phoned me, at that time he worked in Sky T.V reception and was surrounded by tellies all showing the horror of what was unfolding. I'll always remember what he said:...."The world will never be the same again...". RIP
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I am actually flying this September 11th, from Gatwick to Malaga

A couple of years ago I had to fly from Frankurt to Chicago on the anniversay of Sept 11. To be fair to the airline they did warn us that we might have to go through extra security procedures and should therefore allow a few extra minutes to get through customs etc, never again will I willingly fly on that day.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]RIP people of Marsh, Guy carpenter, Mercer

Do you work for Marsh? I used to work for Bowrings who were taken over by Marsh. I was in New York a few years before the 9/11 attack and I met with some execs from Marsh but it wasn't in the WTC. I wonder whether the guys I met relocated there?

not with Marsh anymore - but I too was a Bowring boy... Then J&H Marsh......theN Marsh
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]

A couple of years ago I had to fly from Frankurt to Chicago on the anniversay of Sept 11. To be fair to the airline they did warn us that we might have to go through extra security procedures and should therefore allow a few extra minutes to get through customs etc, never again will I willingly fly on that day.

I take the view that if you dont fly or change your plans for 9/11 flights then they win.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I am actually flying this September 11th, from Gatwick to Malaga[/quote]

A couple of years ago I had to fly from Frankurt to Chicago on the anniversay of Sept 11. To be fair to the airline they did warn us that we might have to go through extra security procedures and should therefore allow a few extra minutes to get through customs etc, never again will I willingly fly on that day.[/quote]

I take the view that if you dont fly or change your plans for 9/11 flights then they win.[/quote]

Same here mate, they will have achieved what they set out to do by changing our way we go about our lives. Dont let theses scum have any influance of how we go about our lives.
  • Options
    60% of our staff at time where yanks. had a page to set up the main incident responce room, by time i had all monitors on saw the building come down. Some of you might remember that at the time there was a "missing" plane near London and it was rumoured to be heading for Canary warf. We went into shelterd evacuation for over 2 hours.
  • Options
    I take your point - but when I had to queue for well over an hour at the ticket desk alone and that was after a two hour wait for the thing to open then I had to go through three separate checks with people threatening to call home to check I was who I said I was, going through my entire luggage, even to the point of checking between the pages of a book, asking why I was living in Germany and did I know anyone Islamic (I'm not joking) plus why I had been to Dubai etc then I began to debate the wisdom of not flying a day earlier or later. I've heard that only the security at a Bromley Addicks meeting is tougher.
  • Options
    came home from school and saw it on the news. my birthday this day as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I've heard that only the security at a Bromley Addicks meeting is tougher.

FACT