Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

'cure' for the common cold?

edited September 2008 in Not Sports Related
http://www.purestcolloids.com/no-cold.htm

I've heard this works, not tried it myself

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2008
    Errrm razil....thanks of course for the tip but I think I can say with all confidence that there is 'no known cure' for the common cold.
    There are lotions and potions that can relieve it of course but no actual cure.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    hmm a little bit dismissive aren't you, Are you always this narrow minded? (no offence)
  • Options
    I always knock back a few whisky and coke or JD's of a night if I have a cold, works wonders
  • Options
    Neat brandy in copious amounts before bed did it for me last night. Good thing is, when you're in the middle of a cold, you know you'll wake up feeling sh1te and with a headache anyway so the effects of the brandy are negligable!!!
  • Options
    razil....folk have been trying for centuries to find a cure....if there was one it would be an overnight news story the like of which we've hardly ever seen in the history of mankind....the company or person/persons who found the cure would be able to write an open cheque and get an immedite Nobel Prize for medicine.....sorry mate, to date there's still NO cure......and as I understand it they are no nearer(or further down the line sceintifically) today, than they were around 50 odd years ago.
    In other words they've 'hit the wall' and can continue no further at this moment in time.
    Is that being narrow minded razil....or just facing reality.
  • Options
    Sleep on a dead cat....works wonders.....;-)
  • Options
    thats why I said 'cure' silly... with a question mark at the end, however there are plenty of historical examples of the establishment ignoring scientific advances that are later discovered to be true (can't think of any right now tho)

:)
  • Options
    Its a well known fact that the water from the Kid-Brooke is a cure for the common cold. I have been bottling this for the next outbreak. some have commented how it looks and tastes like tap water, however i can confirm that this is now on sale in Charlton ASDA at £5 a bottle, look for the label "NotACokeRipeOffButaLocalone".
  • Options
    The only known cure for the common cold is to succumb to it, recover and then you are immune to that strain. However there are dozens of varieties of cold viruses out there with others mutating as we speak, so you have to suffer a lot of colds.
  • Options
    take a couple of paracetamol every 4 or 5 hours and drink plenty of fluids (water, not alcohol)

all the night nurse/lemsip remedies contain paracetemol and work out a lot more expensive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    slightly off topic...

http://www.koreus.com/video/telephone-portable-mais-popcorn.html
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]take a couple of paracetamol every 4 or 5 hours and drink plenty of fluids (water, not alcohol)

all the night nurse/lemsip remedies contain paracetemol and work out a lot more expensive.

Excuse me, Golfie ..... but you're not allowed to make postive posts(!)

;o)
  • Options
    No - it doesn't work. The reason there is no cure for the 'common cold' is that there is no such thing as the 'common cold'. There are thousands of different types of rhinovirus that cause cold or flu-like symptoms. You need to build up an immunity to each one to prevent yourself from catching it - unfortunately, the only way to do so is to be given a small dose of the virus itself (a vaccination). This is the reason that not all people catch colds that are 'going round' - some will have already had that strain in the past.
  • Options
    To avoid colds you should wash your hands regularly and / or wear gloves in public places. That Diawara guy had it sussed.
  • Options
    Lock yourself in a room with a purified air system between september and april. Works for me.
  • Options
    have a ludicrusly hot vindaloo with some vodka..... (I dont mean put vodka in the vindaloo, I mean eat the vindaloo and drink some vodka with it)

used to work great for me....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]have a ludicrusly hot vindaloo with some vodka..... (I dont mean put vodka in the vindaloo, I mean eat the vindaloo and drink some vodka with it)

I once cured a cold by drinking a pint of tequila. That wasn't the intention but it worked.
  • Options
    Posted By: mascot88
    have a ludicrusly hot vindaloo with some vodka..... (I dont mean put vodka in the vindaloo, I mean eat the vindaloo and drink some vodka with it)

I once cured a cold by drinking a pint of tequila. That wasn't the intention but it worked.

Whenever I have a cold I have Thai Tom Yum soup. I make it myself and load it up with chilli. It works a treat, literally blasts the cold out for a few hours.
  • Options
    from where ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]take a couple of paracetamol every 4 or 5 hours and drink plenty of fluids (water, not alcohol)

Sudafed also contains a good decongestant, otherwise agree with you. Bit of citrus fruit doesn't harm.