Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Ham sponsors going bust

Comments

• Options
    Dear oh dear!
  • Options
    you've got to laugh!
  • Options
    maybe it would be a good idea to think about your coments before posting them boggzy , I shouldn't think all the stranded brits and the ones that stand to lose their jobs are finding it very funny
  • Options
    Tsk, Thatcher's Britain
  • Options
    So....actually it wasn't being associated with Charlton that sent all:sports & Llanera bust - it was the Curbs effect!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]maybe it would be a good idea to think about your coments before posting them boggzy , I shouldn't think all the stranded brits and the ones that stand to lose their jobs are finding it very funny
    They're ATOL protected - they'll be brought home by the CAA.
  • Options
    Not for those who bought flight only on a debit card.
  • Options
    And 1700 people are now freed up to find alternative employment.
    Not a nice way to end a week.
  • Options
    Apparently they wwere still taking people's money at Midnight last night...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]So....actually it wasn't being associated with Charlton that sent all:sports & Llanera bust - it was the Curbs effect!

Damn it Logged on to say just that. : - )
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]maybe it would be a good idea to think about your coments before posting them boggzy , I shouldn't think all the stranded brits and the ones that stand to lose their jobs are finding it very funny
    They're ATOL protected - they'll be brought home by the CAA.

Not the people losing their jobs though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dont care about West Ham

Just the people who will lose there jobs been there twice in the past and not very nice
  • Options
    people losing their jobs isnt nice at all think of all the families of these people that will be affected also likely to be some fellow addicks amongst them
  • Options
    West Brom and West Ham will play each other tomorrow with no shirt sponsors on their tops - if West Ham decide to remove XL from them.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Would doubt if West Ham would remove the sponsors brand as doing so would breach their contract with XL so making getting any money out of them even more unlikely

West Brom not being able to get a sponsor despite being in the prem puts a different perspective on the delay in Charlton announcing our shirt sponsorship.
  • Options
    It seems the Wham chairman could get hit twice by this.

From the BBC website:
    "And West Ham's involvement with XL does not end there. Hammers chairman Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson, who owns Iceland's biggest bank, Landsbanki, is one of the guarantors of a 207 million Euros bank loan given to the company."
  • Options
    No wonder they sold Ferdinand and McCarthey under Curbs' nose.

(and then singed Zola on a £4.5m deal)
  • Options
    Radio said that the XL dealwas in its first of three years, worth a total of £7.5 million.
  • Options
    curbs fault, no doubt
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    What really hacks me off is that they were still taking peoples cash right up to the last day. I realise that it's always like this but I'd be pretty miffed if I'd shelled out hours before the firm crashed. The lessons are, if your shelling out some serious dosh, use a credit card because at least you've got protection, plus if possible book via an ATOL member so you have the protection of their refund/rescue scheme.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]What really hacks me off is that they were still taking peoples cash right up to the last day. I realise that it's always like this but I'd be pretty miffed if I'd shelled out hours before the firm crashed. The lessons are, if your shelling out some serious dosh, use a credit card because at least you've got protection, plus if possible book via an ATOL member so you have the protection of their refund/rescue scheme.

But beware the 1.5% charges. Also, try to book a package rather than getting flights & beds separately.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why are you covered when using a credit card and not a debit card?
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Why are you covered when using a credit card and not a debit card?
    The Consumer Credit Act considers that the Credit Card issuer is equally responsible for all purchases over £100 in thh case of any breach of contract. This means, in reality, that if you cannot get your money back for non-receipt of goods or services (such as in this case, where the supplier has gone bust) you can claim it back from the Credit Card issuer. This is one of the reasons they charge an annual fee and/or exorbitant interest rates - they have to be insured in case of a large number of their customers claiming because a company has gone tits up.

Debit cards are nothing more than a form of modern-day cheque, with the advantage that you can't actually pay for goods over the amount you have in your account at the time (no such thing as a 'bounced' debit card transation) - so there is no onus on your bank/building society should you procure services/goods that either don't meet expectations, or don't arrive at all.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    It's called the 'joint liability' provision of the Act. If ever you have problems just quote section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 at them. They'll deny liability and do all they can to duck it but stick to your guns and they'll cough up eventually as they don't want to take it to court.
  • Options
    There are so called "charge back" arrangements with Debit Cards which can be used to recover your money. It's always worth looking into. Banks should know this if you ask them.