Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

secret santa's - as we're all talking xmas

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
do your companies do this?

we do every year, and the theme for your present is "filthy"

the trade in harmony in soho doubles due to us making a surging lunchtime dash there 2 days before our xmas party

last year i couldn't make the xmas party, but i learned that all the secret santa presents got left in a bag in the venue and they had a very strange conversation when they called up to see if they belonged to us!

we open the presents around the table after a few bevvies, and its a sight to behold! passing things round, trying things on (not out!)..... shocking!

Comments

• Options
    What did you get?....
  • Options
    blimey im very surprised your company do that.

i remember years back a woman suing a very prestigious law firm cos at the christmas party she felt violated as she was made to hold a chocolate willy! pathetic i know but some people...
  • Options
    i didn't attend the party, and someone obviously nicked my present......!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]she felt violated as she was made to hold a chocolate willy!

Wouldnt it melt?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]blimey im very surprised your company do that.

i remember years back a woman suing a very prestigious law firm cos at the christmas party she felt violated as she was made to hold a chocolate willy! pathetic i know but some people...

the party is only really for less senior staff here. no board members attending, although this year we have ops managers coming which will be interesting. the majority of us at head office are females and its organised by a woman anyway. the boys are more likey to make a complaint!!
  • Options
    A likely story......;-0
  • Options
    Just opened my Secret Santa in the office & someone has actually thought about it, have a framed picture of the 1947 FA CUP winning team with Don Welsh being lifted up by Sam Bartram holding the FA Cup aloft.

We won it one time
    we won it one time
    in 47
    we won it one time !
  • Options
    PLEASE NOTE EVERYONE: that ketman bumped this from two years ago and that was in Suzi's previous job!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Just opened my Secret Santa in the office & someone has actually thought about it, have a framed picture of the 1947 FA CUP winning team with Don Welsh being lifted up by Sam Bartram holding the FA Cup aloft.

We won it one time
    we won it one time
    in 47
    we won it one time !

Blimey, what sensitive and thoughtful work colleagues, you have, Ketters!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]PLEASE NOTE EVERYONE: that ketman bumped this from two years ago and that was in Suzi's previous job!

HAHA!!!!

This year, we have to write a letter to santa with a wish list of about 5 things and then pick one out and buy a couple of things on the list up to £20 for someone. works out quite well, i got some lovely things. and everyone had to buy each other a charlton reindeer!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]This year, we have to write a letter to santa with a wish list of about 5 things

Parky's list:

1) Time Machine
    2) Richard Rufus' 1997 address
    3) Clive Mendonca's 1997 address
    4) Mark Kinsella's 1997 address
    5) Mr & Mrs Jordan's 1967 honeymoon hotel address
  • Options
    I'd also like to state that it was just the finance department and a few other office staff that were involved :-)
  • Options
    If the pressies are that good, Suzi .... what are your office parties like.......?

;o)
  • Options
    erm... my previous company parties were pretty tame considering the secret santa thing!

had my present company xmas party was last wednesday and it was really good! :-)
  • Options
    Blimey, Suzi ..... not broom cupboards and photocopiers ....? *gasp*
  • Options
    haha, not that I know of!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]PLEASE NOTE EVERYONE: that ketman bumped this from two years ago and that was in Suzi's previous job!

HAHA!!!!

This year, we have to write a letter to santa with a wish list of about 5 things and then pick one out and buy a couple of things on the list up to £20 for someone. works out quite well, i got some lovely things. and everyone had to buy each other a charlton reindeer!

Why's that ? Because the club shop can't sell them :-)
  • Options
    they are so cute, so i'm sure they are selling well! I;ve bought 4 myself!
  • Options
    supposed to get the pregnant girl in my class something for secret santa, any decent ideas lol..

£10 limit
  • Options
    A new lunch box for when she starts secondary school :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Leaflet from the benefits office? I'm sure she'll be down there sooner rather than later.

• Options

Leaflet from the benefits office? I'm sure she'll be down there sooner rather than later.

Text out the question to 10 mates, to which 7 replied with 'pack of jonnys'

Shes gonna hate me

• Options
    supposed to get the pregnant girl in my class something for secret santa, any decent ideas lol..

£10 limit

A few clean needles for her forthcoming drug addition.
  • Options
    A new lunch box for when she starts secondary school :-)
    LOL classic!
  • Options
    Buy her a journal or scrapbook so she can make a diary of her pregnancy and first months with her child? 

Or condoms and the address of the nearest foster home? 
  • Options
    Get her a chocolate willy - safer than the real thing in her hands, clearly.
  • Options
    Got a bald millwall this year. Considering the weather at the moment I think a nice charlton hat will sort him right out.
  • Options
    nah get him a dildo and he can go f**k himself.