Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the it crowd

edited September 2008 in Not Sports Related
I've been watching re runs of this, must be the funniest comedy is some years, by Father ted writer and the office producer, or is it just me?

Comments

• Options
    DA9DA9
    edited September 2008
    I like it, some good characters in it and surreal in places, the big boss makes me laugh (when it was Chris Morris) and the smoking scenes were superb
  • Options
    the gay musical one even makes my missus laugh

other favourite were shit head, moss and the german (had the russian smoking bit)
  • Options
    Gay musical was brilliant, the wheelchair stuff very close to the mark
  • Options
    consistently funny throughout though, not much tv comedy is a patch on this.
  • Options
    Yes one of my 2 favourites and as you say is being re run on More 4.

My other fav is The Peep Show on Channel 4.

Neither seem to be watched by many.Strange considering no one apparently watches much of BBC and ITV these days.
  • Options
    Peep Show is absolute quality - the one with The Orgazoid and the school reunion still has me laughing yet cringing just thinking about it - well in fact, anything Jezza does makes me laugh and cringe simultaneously.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rock Spectacle[/cite]Peep Show is absolute quality - the one with The Orgazoid and the school reunion still has me laughing yet cringing just thinking about it - well in fact, anything Jezza does makes me laugh and cringe simultaneously.

Jezza is my hero, I try to live my life by his teachings :0)
  • Options
    IT show can be a bit hit and miss, but the peep show is superb. It really hits the nail on the head sometimes!
  • Options
    I agree both of them are great. Haven't managed to see much of Peep Show though unfortunately, but seen all IT crowd.
  • Options
    Peep show is awesome. I'd check out the inbetweeners aswell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    New series starts tonight 22:00 C4....nice
  • Options
    Cheers for that, love that programme. Anyone seen The Inbetweeners?
  • Options
    Razil is Moss
  • Options
    Working my way through the IT crowd at present.

Current hilight - Moss on the prospect of going to prison:

"I won't work well in a prison environment, I just can't go they'll rape the flip out of me".

Anyone that like a bit of surreal madness should check out Rich Fulcher (Bob Fossil from the Mighty Boosh) in Snuff Box. Only shown once on BBC3 and couldn't be aired before 11pm. Just out on DVD. Please don't watch it with your kids!!!
  • Options
    Am really enjoying season 3 - the disabled episode at the gay theatre was the best, but last weeks with the Friend face theme was pretty damn good too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Am really enjoying season 3 - the disabled episode at the gay theatre was the best, but last weeks with the Friend face theme was pretty damn good too.

I thought last weeks was the only decent episode of the current run. It still has it's moments but the characters are no longer coming across as likeable.
  • Options
    Yep The gay music one is my fav, love the final scene in the bar.

The last episode where Moss acts as Jen's hubby and Ray has to see an old flame who he says looks like the Joker, was well crafted.

As the characters are developing it is getting better all the time.
  • Options
    Series 4 starts on C4 on 25th June. Clips I've seen so far look very funny.
  • Options
    big fan of the IT crowd. having worked in a IT department myself i can totally relate to it. i didn't think series 3 was as good as 1 or 2; hopefully 4 will be better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Funniest ever was the reinactment of the guy who went on news24 without knowing it and the gay wheelchair club, hillarious. New series off to good start, plenty of one liners to be used down the pub such as 'eifel tower' 'it needs a 20 sided dice' and 'well that cleared the pipes'
  • Options
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]big fan of the IT crowd. having worked in a IT department myself i can totally relate to it. i didn't think series 3 was as good as 1 or 2; hopefully 4 will be better.

Me too (worked in an IT department). In my first IT job there were some great characters and some pretty surreal stuff happened - I did think at the time "I should be writing this down". If only I had maybe I wouldn't be and out-of-work 50-something IT worker now!
  • Options
    Series 4 finished last night has been a bit hit and miss, the deliquents episode and street countdown were both very funny.

Unfortunately the series flopped last night. Last episode didnt work at all. The IT Crowd is about Moss & Roy and they were hardly in it!.

Only hi-light was Will's mum from the Inbetweeners player Douglas's wife and a brief cameo for Noel Fielding.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]

Only hi-light was Will's mum from the Inbetweeners player Douglas's wife and a brief cameo for Noel Fielding.

Cheers, I was trying to remember who she was.
  • Options
    Yeah it's pretty funny, there's a lot better out there. There's actually an unaired pilot episode from the US version of the IT Crowd on youtube, Moss from the UK vesion was actually in it, but it was really, really bad.