Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Last Concert you went to....

Comments

• Options
    last: get loaded in the park: Noah and the whale, maccabees, the hives
    next: vampire weekend and mystery jets

oh, and maybe metallica on monday
  • Options
    Foo Fighters at the O2 last year - fecking awesome :0)
  • Options
    george michael at earl's court a couple of weeks ago. well i think it was him. i don't think there were any seats further away from the stage.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Red Riding Hoodie[/cite]REM, Twickenham, 2 weeks ago. Found a nice little pub just past the stadium with a big beer garden and BBQ on the go for a few bevvies beforehand.

Managed to get on a train pretty quickly coming home, but it still took over two hours.

Me too, except I couldn't find a pub anywhere between the station and the stadium. Not even a pub called The Station :-(
  • Options
    The Zutons - Somerset House about 6 weeks ago.
  • Options
    The Duke Spirit at a festival last month - missed most of them though!
  • Options
    Metallica at Wembley last July. Best gig I've ever seen!
  • Options
    Last - Beck in the mountains in Oregon

Next - Fleet Foxes at a bar in Vancouver
  • Options
    Which bar?
  • Options
    Richards on Richards?

Great band - wish they would hop over the Rockies & visit Calgary.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes Richards on Richards - Awesome venue and of course it's probably gonna get shut down so they can build more flats

Rock Spectacle - Are you in Vancouver at the moment then?
  • Options
    No, it's just that I've been there a couple of times and know exactly the one that you mean - we're threatening to come to Canada before the year is out however - I can get myself lost in Charlie's Place again and end up spending far more than I should have - assuming that it is still there?
  • Options
    Reading fest last month, next up Bloc Party at the Forum
  • Options
    Ash at The Roundhouse last week; cracking full live version of excellent "1977" album plus assorted odds (including "Does Your Mother Know?"!). Timeless power pop - I'd never realised just how good a guitarist Tim Wheeler is.
  • Options
    Madness at the O2 last December
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rock Spectacle[/cite]No, it's just that I've been there a couple of times and know exactly the one that you mean - we're threatening to come to Canada before the year is out however - I can get myself lost in Charlie's Place again and end up spending far more than I should have - assuming that it is still there?

It's still open, just not as good as it used to be - Zulu on 4th is the place to go although they're a little bit up their own arse and it can be expensive.

Let me know if you come over - We can go for a beer or ten.
  • Options
    LIons Gate stuff was most agreeable. Was over during Euro 2000 and watched the England v Romania game on the big screen in BC Place while I was doing the tour - went out and bought a new telly when I got home! :) Naam Restaurant on 4th I think it was (Kitsilano way) had the best veggie food I've ever tasted.
  • Options
    V festival if that counts...otherwise The Killers at Wembley.
  • Options
    LAST: Sultans of Ping FC and Abdoujaparov at LA2
    NEXT: Spiritualized at Camden Roundhouse, or The Aliens in Hoxton if I can get tickets
  • Options
    Led Zeppelin O2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Philippa Hanna about two months ago
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Haven't been to one since before we had kids. Last one I went to was M People at Crystal Palace Sports Centre in ?96. (Bloody hell thats twelve years ago, I'm definitely getting old).

Before that U2, Van Halen, Thin Lizzy (last tour before Linott died)
  • Options
    can't believe all of you going to The O2 - I can walk there from home but it is the last place I'd go to!
    My last gig was Jack Penate upstairs in a pub.
  • Options
    Counting Crows in London earlier this year unless you include a pub band in Kota Kinabalu in Malaysia last week called XZite
  • Options
    Eric Clapton back in the "summer" at some castle near Leeds. We've seen him a few times at the Albert Hall over the years and this was just not up to standard, but then like me he is quite mature, so perhaps like me he should retire and leave the stage to the kids!
  • Options
    'Underworld'
    (The round house)
    Camden town.....................Proper cutting a rug :-)
  • Options
    sun kil moon last night , roadhouse manchester - shite venue brilliant gig
  • Options
    I saw Eric Clapton at the castle near Leeds. It was very poor - the crowd only livened up for the last 3 songs. Very disappointing.
  • Options
    Rochee and the Sarnos at the Royal Standard last November. Or Boz Boorer on his patio last month...
  • Options
    Doves and Manics at Royal Festival Hall last night.

Sound was dire (ear-splittingly loud, which doesn't suit Doves), but their new songs sounded good (from what I could make of them)...