Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Amazing player recoveries

Gerrard and Torres passed fit to face Man Utd - shocker

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]Gerrard and Torres passed fit to face Man Utd - shocker

I thought you were going to make NorthStandSteve's weekend and say Izele was in the squad this weekend.

I bet Gerrard is glad he missed the defeat in Croatia and won't be associated with the disaster : - )
  • Options
    Be interesting to see Capello's team selection next time round. When is the next m,atch anyway?
  • Options
    Stick with a winning side.

If Gerrard is not fit then he is not fit, fat Frank played well so should be given the berth alongside Barry
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Be interesting to see Capello's team selection next time round. When is the next m,atch anyway?[/quote]

11th October.

Capello had it easy in so far as with Owen and Gerrard injured, he didn't have too many tough decisions to make.

If Gerrard walks straight back into the side then in my mind Capello is no better than Eriksson and McClaren.
  • Options
    I think Capello will have noted this, and Gerrard will be enjoying the view from the benches at Wembley next month
  • Options
    There is no way that Gerrard will not be in the team for the next game - unless Capello thinks he can get away with not playing him because it is Kazhakstan. If it was top class opposition he would be in. You don't leave out your best player whatever the last result was.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Low_Ears[/cite]There is no way that Gerrard will not be in the team for the next game - unless Capello thinks he can get away with not playing him because it is Kazhakstan. If it was top class opposition he would be in. You don't leave out your best player whatever the last result was.

There's no way Gerrard's gonna waltz back into Capellos team.This is where Erikssonn ballsed up.
  • Options
    Does Lampard deserve to be dropped because that is who would have to go to make room for Gerrard. Anything else and you are then accomodating a player (all be it a very good one) at the expense of the team imo.

The team is greater than the sum of it's parts. Would you leave out a fully fit Owen or Rooney for Heskey? It seems laughable however the team seem to play better with Heskey in the side.
  • Options
    when hargreaves is fit, then there will be the real selection dilema, he is my first pick for center mid, the boy is class. Dont know how barry, scousergerrard or flampard can be picked ahead of him! Fabio has some players at his disposal don't he?
  • Options
    HARGREAVES IS POO!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he is our best player bro, if not best in the top 3, come on he is a class above
  • Options
    Will study his next game and see!
  • Options
    With Olly on this. Hargreaves is class.

For me the two midfielders should be one of Hargreaves or Barry and one of Lampard or Gerrard but never again lampard and Gerrard.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]With Olly on this. Hargreaves is class.

For me the two midfielders should be one of Hargreaves or Barry and one of Lampard or Gerrard but never again lampard and Gerrard.
    100% agree. Hargreaves or Barry as the holding midfielder, Lumpard or Gerrard as the more attack-mided of the pair. Fat Frank had a very good game on Wednesday - best I've seen him play in an England shirt since Euro 2004. However, for me, Gerrard is by far the better player of the two, and has the ability (though admittedly he hasn't often shown it in an England shirt) to grab a game by the scruff of the neck in a way that Lampard never could.

The real question for me is how you get the best out of Joe Cole. I think he's wasted out wide, but you can't play him in the middle with Gerrard unless you change the formation to one up front or three at the back - neither of which have worked for England when they've been tried. Its a tricky one, because if he's fit, I think Owen simply has to play - he's the only consistent goalscorer we've got, and without Heskey, we have absolutely zero threat in the air. Personally, I'd drop Rooney. he might have played well on Wednesday, but he's been shite for England for three years - and one swallow does not a summer make.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Pretty much what I think mate, Owen is a must for me but him and Heskey work a hell of a lot better than him and Rooney. Next dilemma with COle is to either change the shape of the entire side to accomodate him, Gerrard and Rooney/Owen in a more central role or keep him out wide left. Me? I'd keep him where he is, wide left tucking in occasionally but the midfield is where Capello needs to be strong and drop a big name when they are match fit.