Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life - On The Run - ***Sponsorship Details***

With less than three weeks to go until a select few of Charlton Life members take on the roads of Greenwich and the surrounding areas for the cause of Demelza House I though it would be a good time to get up the link to our sponsorship page on the site.

As you are aware from our constant tales of injuries, training and the fear of actually running/walking/crawling (delete as applicable), the runners have committed a lot of time and effort into this year’s appeal and, speaking for myself, this is nowhere near as enjoyable as looking forward to playing at The Valley like last year!

However, even though the race may not be as exciting as playing football at The Valley, the cause and reasons why we are running are still as important as last year and as ever, as we are raising money for a very worthy cause in Demelza House. As a community we have already raised over £36,000 for the charity and we would like to push this over the 40k mark with this appeal.

Like always, there is no pressure to sponsor but as many of you will know people who are running, you will realise how much of a challenge and commitment these long 13 miles are so please show your support in any way you can.

The website is http://www.justgiving.com/runtothebeat

As has been showed in everything Charlton Life members put their minds to there has been a great community spirit from both those who are running and those not and everyone is pulling together, be it sharing training techniques, organising running shirts for the day, coming up with ideas for prizes and so forth. Thank you everyone.

There is also a facebook group for those inclined to offer some support the way the kids do it. ;-) http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=27704791297&ref=share

We hope as many of you as possible will come down to support us on the 5th October and I will post details closer to the time. There will also be a fantastic competition which I will post up a week or so prior to the run.

Once again, I’d like to thank everyone who has contributed to this appeal in any form and please do contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks

WSS

Comments

• Options
    I get paid friday and will donate then, I've seen/read the dedication of the few of you that are running and it's the least you deserve. Good luck.
  • Options
    Thanks RedArmySE7, and thanks to all those who have donated already.

Over £400 which is a good start.
  • Options
    My "Old Mum" has just sponsored me £5 a mile, thats the easiest tenner I've ever earnt ;-)
  • Options
    ive created a separate page for me and Tavern. which i need to amend etc and will send to bosses/friends nearer the time. When im a bit more confident i can do it!
  • Options
    Chaps, I've knocked up a hard copy sponsor form as all the old dears at work wanted to do it the old fashioned way. Is there anything I need to legally put on it, does anyone know?

If anyone wants a copy, send me a whisper and I'll send it on. Easily customisable in MS Word.
  • Options
    Tipped over the £500 mark now, thank you to everyone.
  • Options
    I have not raised a penny yet, gonna walk round the Red Lion where I am playing tonight with a bucket & next week on the Saturday. Waiting for payday before I ask family & friends though Credit Crunch & all that.
  • Options
    £600 now, cheers all
  • Options
    £620 now...
  • Options
    £675 now and i have my first 2 sponsors waaheyy

Just got this reply from my begging request to a client "Call me suspicious Doyley but when does Charlton’s parachute payment finish?" LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tipped over £700 now - good job everyone.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Not a sponsor in sight :-(

First 25 quid on the board for me :-)
  • Options
    just added £10. to the just giving account
  • Options
    Ladies & Gents... I've got a hard-copy sponsor form going around at work at the moment and so far just within the finance department, the generous people here have put their names down for just over £200 so far and thats before I start pestering all the Academic Staff and Professors at the University... so unofficially creeping up that little bit more...
  • Options
    Good work Johnboy
  • Options
    Thank you so much to whoever sorted this out (I know it wasn't me!)

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=32958&newstype=n
  • Options
    Thanks Matt, much appreciated.
  • Options
    Jst to add, the News Shopper are going to do a piece post-event
  • Options
    I Put some stuff up at the Red Lion Pub where I work at weekends about the Event & apparently the Local paper to us the Kent Messenger have taken one of the sheets down & are gonna run a story on it this Friday, hopefully will help with my bucket collection when i play there Friday night.
  • Options
    Im at 500 quid at the moment. and will be sending it around to my mates again after i've actually finished it as I kindly said they didnt need to sponsor me until after the event to see i completed it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Come on folks, they have already raised over £1200 but they still have a long way to go to reach their target. Remember by sponsoring you can lie in bed and not feel guilty on Sunday when they are running in the rain - worth £20 of anybody's money surely.

Good luck to all the runners.
  • Options
    I will make a donation retrospectively next week if that is ok.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I will make a donation retrospectively next week if that is ok.

of course it is Len. Thank you.
  • Options
    Of course Len - the page will remain open.

There are many people donating post race and thank you to everyone who has already contributed, it will make a real difference.
  • Options
    Just added my donation to the just giving account, good luck to everyone who is running
  • Options
    Just added mine, finally!

Wish I could be there to cheer you on but I'm in training for my 10k next week & have to do a 50 min on Sunday. So trust me I'll be thinking of you & realising how brilliant you all are for going over twice as far as me.

Go Lifers!

xxxx
  • Options
    Ok peeps, I've finished putting my sponsor form around work and I've managed to get them all to sponsor me for £333.70...not bad going!
  • Options
    Well done JB.