Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stoke in the PL

Pray god this mob go down.

Awful football - truly awful.

Comments

• Options
    Not too keen on the Toffeemen , but , pleased as f*%k they beat Stoke.
  • Options
    I'm glad to see Hull doing ok though, don't know why but first time in top league and I'm happy for them.
  • Options
    Stoke scored once from just lobbing the ball full pelt AT the goal and got a lucky deflection, they had another one like this almost go in an all.........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I'm glad to see Hull doing ok though, don't know why but first time in top league and I'm happy for them.

They're a pretty 'orrible bunch too, though! Stoke, Hull and Wet Sham to go down would be my dream combo - as long as we're going the other way!
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well thats not gonna happen!
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I assume you mean us going the other way?? ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]Pray god this mob go down.

Also want them to go to down - one of my friends is a plastic fan of them.
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Not too keen on the Toffeemen , but , pleased as f*%k they beat Stoke.

Not too keen on the toffees either, know a plastic fan of them - he was not born nor has he ever lived in their city. I think he still has a rooney fob attached to his house and car keys. His wife often preaches at the liverpool lot of my church - asked her to act like she knows nowt about football and drop him off at Anfield.
  • Options
    Before we hope for their relegation..are there any payments for Faye that'll be due if they stay up?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]Pray god this mob go down.

Awful football - truly awful.[/quote]

Some people have short memories, I don't recall our last couple of seasons in the premiership being too eye catching! Nor do I recall people moaning about the long throw into the box when Halford was doing it last season.

I sure that most Stoke fans would love to be watching their team pass it around like Arsenal but it in't going to happen, they don't have the players to do it nor do they have £100m plus to spend.

At the end of the day all they want to get is 40 points. If a long throw into the box gets them goals (as it did against Everton) then so be it. I wouldn't choose to watch it but I don't knock em for playing to a strength.
  • Options
    I wonder whether their fans are slagging Pulis off like some of ours did Curbs or are they grateful to be in the Prem?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did we slag off Curbs in our first season in the Prem?
  • Options
    oh come on the football we're served up now, in general, is more dire now than it ever was under curbs.... and the oppo are poor as well
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I wonder whether their fans are slagging Pulis off like some of ours did Curbs or are they grateful to be in the Prem?[/quote]

We played decent football in our first season in the Prem. I don't recall anyone slagging off Curbishley, why would they?

Main difference, in our first season Curbishley sent his side out to win. In his last couple of seasons he sent them out to not lose!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]Pray god this mob go down.

Some people have short memories, I don't recall our last couple of seasons in the premiership being too eye catching! Nor do I recall people moaning about the long throw into the box when Halford was doing it last season.

I sure that most Stoke fans would love to be watching their team pass it around like Arsenal but it in't going to happen, they don't have the players to do it nor do they have £100m plus to spend.

At the end of the day all they want to get is 40 points. If a long throw into the box gets them goals (as it did against Everton) then so be it. I wouldn't choose to watch it but I don't knock em for playing to a strength.

Oh come on Barn Door we hardly used Halford's long throw ability did we. In fact hardly at all.

As soon as stoke go over half way they are playing for throw ins
  • Options
    Fair enough, the Halford thing was a bit of a long shot (excuse the pun) ;o)

I do actually agree with you. I only saw the last 10 minutes of the Stoke/Everton game and all it was was Delap chucking the ball into the box however, I don't knock them for using any advantage they may have.