Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nicky Bailey

2»

Comments

• Options
    The thing with ZZ is that he's good on the ball, off the ball he's light weight.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]The thing with ZZ is that he's good on the ball, off the ball he's light weight.

Disagree there, he'll always get pushed around a little bit by the stronger players in this league but no more so than Ambrose or even Holland imo and his speed balance and technique will mean he can stay one step ahead of a lot of the cloggers plus he's good in the air for his size. He always puts the work in too - he made very important interceptions on several occasions last season and is an infinitely better defender than Ambrose.

I think people's judgement of ZiZi has been altered a bit by the second half of last season when he really started to suffer for playing far too many games and being thrown straight back into the team too soon after long haul flights back from the far east. Up until Christmas he was playing very well and as long as he's properly refreshed from the summer he'll have big season for us now he's got Bailey to help with the leg work. Hopefully with Bailey, Shelvey and Racon around Pards will be able to protect him a bit more once the Chinese team start playing again too.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Bailey quality.

First choice midfield of Bailey, ZZ, Ambrose and a n other[/quote]

Totally agree.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]The thing with ZZ is that he's good on the ball, off the ball he's light weight.

Disagree there, he'll always get pushed around a little bit by the stronger players in this league but no more so than Ambrose or even Holland imo and his speed balance and technique will mean he can stay one step ahead of a lot of the cloggers plus he's good in the air for his size. He always puts the work in too - he made very important interceptions on several occasions last season and is an infinitely better defender than Ambrose.

I think people's judgement of ZiZi has been altered a bit by the second half of last season when he really started to suffer for playing far too many games and being thrown straight back into the team too soon after long haul flights back from the far east. Up until Christmas he was playing very well and as long as he's properly refreshed from the summer he'll have big season for us now he's got Bailey to help with the leg work. Hopefully with Bailey, Shelvey and Racon around Pards will be able to protect him a bit more once the Chinese team start playing again too.

Agree with you Exiled Addick. Good point on judgement being made on the last half of the season.
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Is he our new Robbo?

Can't see that comparison at all.

Kinsella, Yes
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: leathers20[/cite]we had sam on loan a couple of season back, wasnt impressed with him at all, he had pace but that was about it from what we saw at southend, has he developed? i've seen hes been featuring quite a lot which suprises me from his loan spell with us, thought he would be on his way down to L1/2![/quote]

I think same is a confidence player.
    Hows Walker getting on , did he sign fulltime with Southend ? (remember his cracking shot at the spanners rusty toolbox pre-season acouple of years back).
    And Bailey is pure class. Thank you Southend.