Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Richard Wright - Pink Floyd

BDLBDL
edited September 2008 in Not Sports Related
Just been announced that he has passed away aged 65. Brilliant musician, unsung hero of Floyd - Will be sorely missed.

RIP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht0bAYovdwM

Comments

• Options
    Really. Jeez thats dreadful.

RIP
  • Options
    Growing up in the 70s, I used to love Pink Floyd. Richard Wright's keyboards were a key part of the band's musical sound. Not so well known as Gilmour & Walters, the guy was still a legend. RIP mate.
  • Options
    RIP indeed

mentioned below one of the best gigs i ever saw. Was the one where the bed flew over you head and blew up on stage !
  • Options
    Brilliant, brilliant musician

RIP
  • Options
    As a big Pink Floyd fan i am gutted to hear this news, the man was an exceptional talent. RIP
  • Options
    RIP Rick Wright.
  • Options
    Shit that's spoilt my day big time.
    Shine on you crazy diamond.....Shine on.
  • Options
    RIP Richard
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP..i was listening to some very early Floyd yesterday :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Write a song as good as '..Great Gig..', and your work is done in a way!

Always came across as the most sincere member of the Floyd, too.

RIP
  • Options
    I can honestly say I've never listened to Pink Flyod, but I absolutely loved that song, what album is it off.

RIP
  • Options
    Dark side of the moon
  • Options
    Thanks BDL, Going to buy it tomorrow.
  • Options
    What sad news. It only seems like yesterday that Syd Barrett died.
  • Options
    RIP Richard Wright.
  • Options
    Just looking at some old track listings. For me, Remember A Day was his best.
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Thanks BDL, Going to buy it tomorrow.

You will not regret it - trust me.
  • Options
    Very sad. I was never a huge floyd 'nut' but I seem to have loads of their albums in my collection. Only saw them live once, Knebworth 1990, Eric Clapton, Paul McCartney and Elton John were the support acts :)

RIP Mr Wright
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boggzy[/cite]Write a song as good as '..Great Gig..', and your work is done in a way!

Always came across as the most sincere member of the Floyd, too.

RIP

True. Absolutely gutted at the news. RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    :-(
  • Options
    Newsnight finished with JP announcing Richard Wrights passing and the programme closed with Pink Floyds "Money", how apt for today?!!
  • Options
    The great gig in the sky is a fantastic and uniquely beautiful and haunting piece of music, and it was all Rick's. Us and them is awesome too.
  • Options
    Love Floyd, such sad news. RIP Rick.
  • Options
    Very sad indeed.....just been listening to Echoes again, i love his vocals on that song.

R.I.P.
  • Options
    Being a "punk" never had agreat deal of time for PF ,
    but , i can tell/hear a good musican.
    He WAS good.
    RIP
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]I can honestly say I've never listened to Pink Flyod, but I absolutely loved that song, what album is it off.

RIP
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Dark side of the moon

What song were you referring to?

If it's the one from the YouTube video it's Comfortably Numb from The Wall.
    If it's Great Gig in the Sky then it Dark Side Of The Moon.

Sad news today. One of the bands I never saw live but wish I had. I did, however, have the distinction of insuring the Pink Pig from the 'Animals' album cover that famously blew away from its tetherings over Battersea Power Station and floated over the Kent countryside.
  • Options
    I listened to Echoes last night.

The Great Gig in the Sky...now has a keyboard player to join their serried ranks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Thanks BDL, Going to buy it tomorrow.

You will not regret it - trust me.

Fantastic album BDL, just let it play over and over.
  • Options
    Have been all day - On the tube at Camden town tonight - Train had stopped to wait for a couple of minutes just as Great Gig started playing on the MP3 - Had it really really loud (as you need to on the Northern Line as it's so rattley) - Bloke opposite looked up and smiled.