Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

bread makers - gimmick or worth having?

edited September 2008 in Not Sports Related
cue amusing comments of some nature..

Comments

• Options
    i would say gimmick, from seeing the one my inlaws have it makes quite small loaves god for not much more that a few slices, much better to make it yourself and not have the machine do the work for you.
  • Options
    Blessed are the bread makers....
  • Options
    With the rising costs of bread in supermarkets its the yeast you can do for your bank balance
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]With the rising costs of bread in supermarkets its the yeast you can do for your bank balance

And it will save you some dough
  • Options
    We're on a roll Brunello
  • Options
    I just went to the bakers and asked for a loaf of bread.

Shop Assistant said "White or Brown?"

I told her "It doesn't matter, I've got my bike outside"
  • Options
    I dont know how you survived without this website Razil
  • Options
    Doh! (lol)
  • Options
    yOU CAN'T BEAT A BREAD MAKER ....

Or is that a carpet?
  • Options
    hurrahhh, I did wonder were you'd got to Riscardo..

Shag "I dont know how you survived without this website Razil"

I work in a very quiet office..

:)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have one. Fresh crusty bread at the weekend...Hmmmn
  • Options
    does it only do bread or can you do other things? what make is the one you've got?

Thanks

R
  • Options
    got a very good Panasonic one, only ever do bread but it does other stuff
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-SD253-Raisin-Dispenser-Medium/dp/B0001J02DK
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]does it only do bread or can you do other things? what make is the one you've got?

Thanks

R

You're starting to get technical now. I leave the bread making to Mrs McMoist
  • Options
    Panasonic is the best, makes all sorts of different bread or even better IMHO is to make the dough in the machine and then bake it off in the oven, you can even do buns in the oven!
  • Options
    At yeast there are some sensible replies on this thread.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]got a very good Panasonic one, only ever do bread but it does other stuff
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-SD253-Raisin-Dispenser-Medium/dp/B0001J02DK

I have it on good authority you can make a "whole meal" out of it :-)
  • Options
    Anything other than granary bread goes against the grain.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]got a very good Panasonic one, only ever do bread but it does other stuff
    [url]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-SD253-Raisin-Dispenser-Medium/dp/B0001J02DK[/url][/quote]

I have it on good authority you can make a "whole meal" out of it :-)[/quote]

Yep you just need to use your loaf.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I just went to the bakers and asked for a loaf of bread.

Shop Assistant said "White or Brown?"

I told her "It doesn't matter, I've got my bike outside"

I know I'm not always the sharpest tool in the box but I don't get it....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sshhhh: me neither
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]I know I'm not always the sharpest tool in the box but I don't get it....
    that's possibly the point
  • Options
    Buy a kicthen aid stand mixer and learn how to mix a dough properly. Bradmakers are OK but the kitchen aid is so much more versatile.

Oakster, Professional Artisan Baker.
  • Options
    one of the great smells of the world is bread baking . Bacon cooking is another. Sunday roast mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    One of my customer's is Canada's largest Cinnamon Bun producer - you can smell the factory from miles away - beautiful aroma but the people who work there can't smell it anymore!
  • Options
    with the goonerhater there three amazing smells that take me back.
  • Options
    smell of a ruby can get the old taste buds moving and stomach complaining sometimes ( with the stomach sometimes after as well !)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Buy a kicthen aid stand mixer and learn how to mix a dough properly. Bradmakers are OK but the kitchen aid is so much more versatile.

Oakster, Professional Artisan Baker.[/quote]

Can you spare me the extra £300?

:)
  • Options
    well worth it cousin has it and she always does a loaf when we go there
    Very Very Nice
  • Options
    You need a bread maker