Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The match thread last night.

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
Without doubt the best couple of hours I've ever spent on a Charlton message board in all my years of posting....it was great....of course without being at the game it's never going to be as good but that thread last night was the dogs bollox....great fun and real tension in the air....I'll be at Nottingham on Saturday though for a bit of the real thing!!

Comments

• Options
    I think at one point we had fans from 15 different countries, all in different time zones, all going through the ringer together. Great fun.

Of course, it helps when you win !
  • Options
    afternoon delight was at the game he said they battered us
  • Options
    Great reading when I got back from the game. There was tension at the ground as well as on here. Ledge, we were battered in the first half but the second was much more even and we probably created the better chances.
  • Options
    hold on Bing accoring to NSS he said we on;y creted one chance -

One of you is stretching the truth here LOL :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]hold on Bing accoring to NSS he said we on;y creted one chance -

One of you is stretching the truth here LOL :-)

You only have to look as far as your words "NSS he said we only created one chance"....:o)
  • Options
    must admit last nite was quality and i am with you soundas one of the most enjoyable on here in a while, Far play the donny rovers lad for the link

lets get the same thing going for those that cant make saturday's fixture me for one :-(

as for nss the poor fella was truely gutted with a one nil win away made me smile for the rest of the evening thinking of the car journey home
  • Options
    Is NSS a Golfie for the new millennium?:-)
  • Options
    good to see you there last night Len
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]good to see you there last night Len

Hat off to you for going.

If it was me though I'd enjoy the win for a bit and then reflect on the negative aspects of it all.

Just my opinion though.
  • Options
    I sung my heart out clapped the players off,but didn't think we played well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2008
    exactly,the result is all that matters. a bit like our last couple of years in the prem really (well not the last as we had 3 different clueless managers).

it doesn't matter how ugly success is achieved,as long as it is.
  • Options
    bet ketman wished you had sung harder he wouldnt have had to listen to you moaning :-)
  • Options
    I think a lot of credit has go to Morts for the online live coverage, as soon as I had that i was well into it.

No way I could have made it to Donny last night, I will be in Nottingham this weekend though.
  • Options
    Well, maybe the live thread on here was all well and good, but surely you can't voice an opinion if you didn't go. No excuses, you are not "proper Charlton" and your opinion counts for s*** if you don't attend a match, evidently.

I've never been to the moon, but I'm fairly sure it's not made of cheese.
  • Options
    No... erm, cheese, I guess not.
  • Options
    dont say that off it i have booked up on bransons rocket and i was bringing me crackers
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well I have been to the moon and I can assure you it IS made of cheese Off_it....it was around 1970 and I was with some pals in Greenwich Park.... thinking about it we all went into outer space that day...in fact there's some would say one or two of us never came back!!
  • Options
    Sorry , but i have to agree Soundas !
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Well, maybe the live thread on here was all well and good, but surely you can't voice an opinion if you didn't go. No excuses, you are not "proper Charlton" and your opinion counts for s*** if you don't attend a match, evidently.

I've never been to the moon, but I'm fairly sure it's not made of cheese.[/quote]

the point was dont dig out people who went.
  • Options
    Who was digging Steve?

I just put a post up that wasn't about, or in response to, anyone in particular and you seem to have taken it personally. Chill out boo.

As a matter of fact I would love to have gone up there, along with four of my mates who did go, but unfortunately I was stuck in the delivery suite at Queen Mary's Hospital all day and therefore was otherwise engaged. However, as far as I am concerned that doesn't prevent me from having an opinion on the result or, indirectly, the performance - which sounds to me like a bit of a smash n grab, backs to the wall type affair, but I'll gladly take it.

To me football isn't all about passing well and creating loads of chances. It's also about doing the hard work, getting in the blocks, defending well, etc - so in that respect it sounds like a superb performance to me.

If all we did was bomb forward and attack all of the time you know what we'd have don't you? Ossie Ardilles in charge!!!
    ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it.....very poor forward planning if you ask me.....You should have thought of that some 9 months ago!
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I couldn't get the link thing to work, I was using vista if that explains it?

Agree though it was very 'intense' reading..
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Well, maybe the live thread on here was all well and good, but surely you can't voice an opinion if you didn't go. No excuses, you are not "proper Charlton" and your opinion counts for s*** if you don't attend a match, evidently.

I've never been to the moon, but I'm fairly sure it's not made of cheese.[/quote]

Wensleydale? More cheese Gromit!