Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chicken Shack at the Beaverwood Club Thursday night

Just be invited by some mates to go along and see the old 60's blues band at a club in Chislehurst I have never heard of.

Ever heard of the club and if so what's it like?

Soundasa£, sure you saw them back in the day. Maybe see you there

Comments

• Options
    Its my football team's ground. Its in the clubhouse.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Its my football team's ground. Its in the clubhouse.

Just found out the owner has a Charlton connection as well. Small world.
  • Options
    My old band supported them at the Tunnel Club (remember that), Must have been about '86 or 87 Stan Webb is one hell of a blues guitar player!
  • Options
    Blimey are they still around???
    Yes, they were very well respected and I saw them a few times(got a feeling they originated from around these parts as well)...I wonder if it's many of the original band members....having said that, I seem to remember they had quite a few changes of personel even back in their heyday.
    Maybe the legendery two_sheds played for them.......or let's put it this way...he'd not doubt claim to have done, given half the chance!
  • Options
    Stan Webb is fronting them. The only other person I can name is Christine McViegh (sp) who went on to join Fleetwood Mac.
  • Options
    Yes Ben...they were one of those type of bands who had a regular 'flow through' of personnel and apart from Stan himself you really wern't too sure who was gonna turn up!
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited September 2008
    Same place I might be doing my wedding reception, went there Sunday, nice place.

Beaver...fnnaaar, fnnaaar
  • Options
    Was nice. Good venue for bands and receptions etc. What the capacity DA(?

Football pitchs looked good as well.

Would make a good venue for a meeting of Sidcup Addicks if such a thing existed. Right size with a stage and a bar.

Chicken Shack were good but looked around at all these old blokes with beer guts listening to music from years back.
    Glad that's not me : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Was nice. Good venue for bands and receptions etc. What the capacity DA(?

Football pitchs looked good as well.

Would make a good venue for a meeting of Sidcup Addicks if such a thing existed. Right size with a stage and a bar.

Chicken Shack were good but looked around at all these old blokes with beer guts listening to music from years back.
    Glad that's not me : - )

Total of 250 for the bar areas/dance floor, and 120-130 for sit down meal/wedding breakfast
  • Options
    glad the pitches are looking good, the famous Albany Rangers will be gracing the far one sunday morning, 10.30ko if anyone is at a loose end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    250! would have to pack them in.
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]glad the pitches are looking good, the famous Albany Rangers will be gracing the far one sunday morning, 10.30ko if anyone is at a loose end.

Love to but off to see Petts Wood Owls v Phoenix Cougars at the same time.