Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

(Some) Details of CPFC's lease on Selhurst revealed

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?threadid=174980

The Selhurst Park Lease

This has finally been registered at the Land Registry. for anyone interested terms are as set out below.

The lease has some very large (and important) holes in it where SJ's solicitors have obviously convinced the Land Registry that sensitive items can be omitted. I think they have omitted more than is reasonable but cannot be bothered to have an argument with the Land Registry over it. However what is there is pretty clear as only amounts and timings are left out.

Lease Term - 25 years from 23rd April 2008

Rent £1,248,072 pa payable on the usual quarter days

Rent Reviews - Five yearly - upwards only linked to the RPI

Tenants full repairing obligations including decorating outside every three years and inside every five!

Option to purchase - the terms of this are blanked out which I would expect but there is an option period and a minimum option amount (both with unknown amounts) and a provision for a higher option fee if the Market Value would be more

Premium - unknown amount paid by way of premium for the grant of the Lease (the gap where the figure has been removed is pretty large though!). An unknown amount is to be paid 30 days after the Lease was granted and the remainder to be paid on the first to happen of Palace being promoted to the Premier League or a contingency which has been blocked out but which is probably a set date

Commutation of Rent - a somewhat peculiar clause allowing the club to make capital payments which will reduce the rent payable by a set percentage (blanked out) in relation to the amount made. Any such payments will be taken into account if the Club exercises the option at any point

Additional Premium - if Palace remain in the prem for more than one season then an additional figure is payable the first time that Palace stay up (again the exact figure is blanked out)

No Personal Guarantee from SJ

Covenants - a whole lot of usual covenants about consents for alterations, putting up signs, not changing the use, who can assign to etc.

Landlord & Tenant Act - This is a protected tenancy and there are rights to a new lease at the end of the term

Second Lease - there is a second lease of various other odd bits of land - I think these are ones that are sublet out but I do not have further details - the above is the main stadium lease anyway.

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]No Personal Guarantee from SJ

Not just omitted for confidentiality then Henry?
  • Where is Addickted these days?

I enjoy reading his thoughts on Palarse matters.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Where is Addickted these days?

Career change means less access to site. Still around occasionally.
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]No Personal Guarantee from SJ

Only what the poster on the Palace site said.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]No Personal Guarantee from SJ

Only what the poster on the Palace site said.

Yes I've now read that post, and forced myself to read the rest of the thread. Nigels arguing between themselves. Something we would never do on here....:o)

It's clear that Jordan's business affairs are very much in keeping with the man, long-winded, turgid, and on occasions quite unpleasant.
  • On the face of it, a good deal for the landlord. Not so good for Palace :O D

Recover their original capital outlay, and some, over 25 years whilst retaining the asset. A good piece of business.
  • edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?threadid=174980

The Selhurst Park Lease

Tenants full repairing obligations including decorating outside every three years and inside every five!

Quite obviously there has been a serious breech of their tenancy, they should be evicted imediately ;-)
  • I heard a rumour, but can't remember where, that they're turning Selhurst Park into a public lavatory
  • More 'smoke screens and bullshit' if you ask me....what's that old saying...."If you can't baffle 'em with science then dazzle 'em with bullshit."
    This is classic Jordan, a mixture of half truths and confusion.Nothing and I mean nothing is ever simple and straight forward with this guy...there's 'always' doubt and uncertainty hanging in the air.
  • In HIS Hair you mean ?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Where is Addickted these days?

Still about Len....... and laughing uncontrollably about the Palace tenancy registered.

Particularly....

"Lease Term - 25 years from 23rd April 2008

Rent £1,248,072 pa payable on the usual quarter days

Rent Reviews - Five yearly - upwards only linked to the RPI

Tenants full repairing obligations including decorating outside every three years and inside every five".

I reckon that will average out at about £3m a year as a minimum and with NO asset value to CPFC.

There is also absolutely no way Palace will continue to get a safety certificate for their main stand - I reckon a max of five years before it will be closed as a safety/fire hazzard. So that either means a reduced capacity or that nice Mr Jordan having to pay for a new one. Perhaps they can borrow one of the Withdean stands when Brighton move onto their nice shiny new stadium.