Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Scrapbooks - own up, who kept one ???

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
Press clippings, your own reports, marks out of ten etc.

Who kept one, and if so, what season ?

Do you still have it ?

Comments

• Options
    not a scrapbook but i have paper clippings etc from the mid/late eighties when we were in the top flight, used to cut out the coloured photos from the 'today' newspaper and stick them on my wall and quite a few mercury clippings... all in a box in basement now if they haven't disintegrated!!
  • Options
    Yep and do you know what I think I do stil have it.
  • Options
    I kept a book with my ratings for all the players in each match from 86/87 season which over the following three or four seasons developed into a scrapbook. I would have to challenge anybody to find a better scrapbook than my 88/89 and 89/90 efforts.
  • Options
    yep, i had a scrapbook and still have it, pride of place is a letter I received from lenny lawrence...
    loads of pics and articles from VOTW. years was from around 84 till about 1989 ish i think (must have a look at it again!)
  • Options
    beat that Jimmy !
  • Options
    my daughter did, which I still have. I also have the cutting from the mercury after we beat southampton 5-0 with the league table showing us Top!!! Its framed and reads"Charltop Athletic"
  • Options
    Never kept a Scrapbook but have lots of happy memories which will always be with me.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    AFKA, that is sad!!! :o)
  • Options
    In the ancient trunk in the loft along with loads of old programmes, resides my 1967-68 scrapbook - Charlie Wright, Matt Tees, Harry Gregory, Keithy Peacock, Graham Moore, Peter Reeves, Bob Curtis, Alan Campbell, Brian Kinsey, Ray Treacy, Lenny Glover et al.

Heroes,every one of them, lol

I did start a 1968-69 scrapbook but never got much beyond the early part of the season, despite it being our oasis promotion near-miss season in a desert of years of relegation struggles.

I must have discovered girls.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep 85-86 promotion season.

Still have it. Almost all the clippings are from the mecury.

It is in mint condition.
  • Options
    What a classic charlton team oggy,just brilliant.

Go back and have a look at the folded arms and haircuts for the team photo.
  • Options
    Lol, Badger ..... it's up in the loft in the trunk - I haven't looked inside for 20 years!
  • Options
    And a small badge on the shirt if i remember and finishing 3rd behind u know who and Derby.
  • Options
    Yep ... I had one around the same time the 88-89 lots of lennie lawrence, Jim Melrose... I had an article about Charlton being the pioneers of football talking about the first Playoffs, and a few other things I can't remember...
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I must have discovered girls.

What are girls?....:o)
  • Options
    Yep. Mine were from the first couple of seasons at Selhurst - mostly newspaper cuttings from the Mercury, and then the nationals once we got promoted, plus the occasional panini sticker. Most memorable ones were the Kevin Nolan feature on the 3-3 draw against Millwall, which was less of a match report and more an imagined "Lennie Lawrence on the psychiatrist's couch" skit, and all the hoo-ha surrounding us beating Man U at Old Trafford.

I have no idea whether my parents still have it, but I suspect they've chucked it out by now.
  • Options
    Not a scrap book but my dad has a montage of tickets and pictures from important games framed up on the wall in his house.
  • Options
    I think I may still have the one I wrote in 1991 and I collected all the cuttings from our first year in the prem, and the promotion year after.
  • Options
    You lot are gonna love this!! I kept a millwall scrapbook for the 88/89ish season, i went to more millwall games than charlton around that time with me old man!! Never did keep a charlton one tho!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]You lot are gonna love this!! I kept a millwall scrapbook for the 88/89ish season, i went to more millwall games than charlton around that time with me old man!! Never did keep a charlton one tho!!

MCS = Millwall Club Supporter!

The truth is out .....!!!
  • Options
    Yes I did, it's in my Mum's loft I'd be too embarrassed to scan It & put it on here though.
  • Options
    Quality stuff AFKA

Yes I've got one in the loft with a pic of me centre spread of The Sun 1st game back at the valley
  • Options
    I never kept one and probably never will.

I do however hold a few signed shirts from the last couple of seasons especially from the "training" session at the valley!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Yes I did, it's in my Mum's loft I'd be too embarrassed to scan It & put it on here though.

oh come on ketman - spill man

If afka can mug himself off with that little number you have to

All those in favour say AYE

AYE

lol
  • Options
    Aye
  • Options
    Not a scrapbook exactly but at Primary School we had to do what was called a topic (project in modern parlance) on something and I chose Charlton.

I once sent a photo of the team from the Kentish Independent to Len Glover at the Club with a stamped addressed envelope asking for autographs and he returned it with a letter from presumably his home address which I've probably still got in my loft. The final sentence of the letter said not to bother to send a stamped addressed envelope if I wrote again.

It would have been in 1966 give or take a year or two either way when I wrote to Lenny.
  • Options
    never kept one,wish i did though.
  • Options
    Yep, I started one when we nearly went bust, the Glikstein, Hulyer ,Sunley years, because I couldn't believe what I was reading. Continued it into the First Division years play off games, back to The Valley, Play Off Final etc.