Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The best thing you've ever done.

edited September 2008 in Not Sports Related
Can be anything you like,for me it has to be Travelling.

Comments

• Options
    Running the London Marathon and finishing it in 3 hours 36 mins.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Badger[/cite]Can be anything you like,for me it has to be Travelling.
    Two things for me.
    Taking on board some advice from late Maurice Banham and Rodney Stone, thanks Gentlemen.
    and
    Marrying my "good lady" I'd be dead or at least serving a long sentence but for her and my children.
    Everything I've achieved is because I was married to her,
  • Options
    Children - 2 - 1 on way

Travelling - love it

Driving at 150 mph on the Autobahn
  • Options
    I lost my post when I tried to correct the Preview, duh!
    I'm losing it, I tell you ....(!)

Here we go again, take 2:

Holding my just new born daughter and afterwards walking 3 miles home through the woods in a dramatic thunderstorm.
    Walking on air!
  • Options
    This is a great thread!

Made an album-length CD. Took me 14 months, proud as hell of it.

Having said that, I cycled from Brighton to London on a whim the other week, just following the (mostly) off-road cycle route (cycle lanes/forest paths/up and over the north downs/through beautiful residential areas in Addington ;-) and South Norwood country park) . Real feeling of achievement at the end of it all.
  • Options
    My first night dive. When we turned off our lights the phospherecence lit up all around us. Every movement set off a million flashes. At the end of the dive we surfaced to a full moon, absolutely magical.
  • Options
    Marriage, birth of both kids and last but not least plucking up the courage 2.5 years ago
    to up sticks and relocate my family to Western Canada...
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Without ruining the good memories - mine was probably getting divorced. I'll think of something more empowering and come back....
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I lost my post when I tried to correct the Preview, duh!
    I'm losing it, I tell you ....(!)

Here we go again, take 2:

Holding my just new born daughter and afterwards walking 3 miles home through the woods in a dramatic thunderstorm.
    Walking on air!

Take 3:

What's her name oggy?
  • Options
    Travelling for me as well.........

There is nothing like the feeling of the wheels of the plane hitting the tarmac of a country you've never been to, and that blend of uncertainty and anticipation, that 'no turning back' feeling..........

Christ I actually got a bit of rush just typing that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well one of the best things I've ever done happened this weekend gone...playing on the same pitch as Sasa Ilic, Leroy Ambrose and Peter Shaw in Athens on a Uefa cup pitch. Playing upfront with Sasa will stay with me till the day I die.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SantaClaus[/cite]My first night dive. When we turned off our lights the phospherecence lit up all around us. Every movement set off a million flashes. At the end of the dive we surfaced to a full moon, absolutely magical.

Touche to you my friend. Narcotics cannot compete with diving in the pitch black darkness lit only by silly glow fishes ;-)

A few others besides that but few I'd care to share
  • Options
    Spending a month going round New Zealand. My only regret is that I couldn't have had another couple of weeks off work, so I could have gone to some of the places that I missed, and spent a bit more time in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.
  • Options
    My three kids

Pulling someone out of a burning building (have cut people out of cars on numerous occasions but there is something uplifting about a rescue from a house), which I have done twice
  • Options
    it was when i bought my brand spanking new mini cooper s, which was literally the best thing ever, untill recently when i purchased knocked up the mrs!!! didnt know i had it in me!!
  • Options
    My wedding daywas one of the greatest days of my life.

Birth of NLJR was a long 18hr labour that ended in C section i have never felt more closer to my Wife as we did that day and the the first sight of your newborn child is a magical moment the time that your eyes first meet and the overwhelming power of love that you feel no one can ever remove that from you, truely great emotions go mad inside like oggy said a truely walking on air feeling
  • Options
    Fathering my two kids (the less said about the ex wife the better) and my pilgrimage to Memphis in 2002.

But it all pales compared to cfgs, applause to you sir.
  • Options
    wedding day
    Birth of my children
    Getting to where I am within my job
    Looking at my house and soroundings in quite times and there are moments where I feel I have to pinch myself and ask myself is this really mine
  • Options
    Getting to the top of my profession and then turning round and telling them to poke it. I have never and will never work for anyone else but me again.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Three things really....Travelling the world...starting my current company 12 years ago and lastly discovering two_sheds true identity and reading what the moderator on Wikipedia had to say about him....LOL on the last one of course!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Birth of my girls
    Helping to save lives in the operating theatre
    Travelling
    Migrating to Australia (Wish I'd done it twenty years ago)
    Building two houses in the last five years.
  • Options
    having my son
    becoming my own boss
  • Options
    I think i'm Autistic or curbs love child as i never get to "high on the high or too low on the lows" but the best things i've done

Learning to dive
    proving people wrong
    getting married
    holding baby T for the first time
  • Options
    Mine are pretty lame comes from being single I suppose.

DJ'ing In Ibiza Two Years running, not many DJ's get to say that.

Mixing my first ever CD which was a huge thing for me at the time, I am working on my seventh one at the moment.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    LEJOG on push bike and raised £5k for charity, felt amazing after coming back till I had an argument with white van mans wing mirror. I still haven't edited all the video we took.

:)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Fathering my two kids (the less said about the ex wife the better) and my pilgrimage to Memphis in 2002.

But it all pales compared to cfgs, applause to you sir.

Cheers but it is something anyone could do, a little training and not being squeamish is all it takes.
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]Birth of my girls
    Helping to save lives in the operating theatre
    Travelling
    Migrating to Australia (Wish I'd done it twenty years ago)
    Building two houses in the last five years.

Operating theatre thingy is on a different level if you ask me
  • Options
    Birth of my daughters and getting to the point that two of the three have degrees and postgrad qualifications so a bit of choice in their lives and the third is on the way hopefully.

Not done anything of real note myself.
  • Options
    In rough chronological order:

Supporting Fields of the Nephilim at several gigs (17/18 and playing guitar on stage infront of anyone is a rush)
    Travelling the world on my own for a year
    Working for major record company in mid 90s I did lots of 'great things' - some of which I'm not proud but were brilliant fun ;-)
    Getting married (painted hall at Naval College - superb venue, great day)
    Birth of son
  • Options
    what a excellent thread! fathering my 3 girls,stopping drinking.
  • Options
    Like most others , I don't think you can beat the feeling of becoming a Dad

My actual wedding day I'll never forget , playing at the Valley (twice) and climbing Ben Nevis