Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christening/Godparents

DA9DA9
edited September 2008 in Not Sports Related
Are godparents supposed to make speeches at Christenings?

Anyone?

Comments

• Options
    No. I'm a godparent to 4 - the godmother .
    And i have never given a speech. I've drunkenly sung at a few of them.
  • Options
    i never
  • Options
    Not compulsary ; ask the parents.
  • Options
    i'm godmother to 2 and haven't!

christenings are normally big group things aren't they with lots of kids being done at the same time? goes on for long enough without speeches getting involved!
  • Options
    Nah u just have to read a statment of faith and you will look after them etc...
  • Options
    No - you have to repent of your sins, and repeat some other stuff as a groupl.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]No - you have to repent of your sins, and repeat some other stuff as a groupl.

Oh...it could be a long day.
  • Options
    YOU SHOULD BE HONOURED THAT YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN.
  • Options
    If you can show your Godchild love and the right moral values as he/she grows up, then that's a good start!
    Good luck. Is the occasion soon?
  • Options
    I'm going to be godfather at a christening out in ireland tomorrow, I have no idea what I need to do as my brother is less than useless when it comes to things like this and has told me nowt.

Heres to hoping no one will understand a word I say and I can blag it all ;-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Morts-Genius[/cite]If you can show your Godchild love and the right moral values as he/she grows up, then that's a good start!
    Good luck. Is the occasion soon?

Sunday