Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

demelza house/damien hirst

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
Sorry if this has already been posted, havent had time to read through last few days posts.

But Damien Hirst gave £700,000 to demelza house in kent yesterday after his art auction this week.

He gave nearly 4 million pounds to different charites yesterday.

Comments

• Options
    read that too. Always thought he must be a right knob but maybe I was wrong. Well done Damien.
  • Options
    paid for the building in fact. I saw that yesterday.

nice
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    well done that man
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]paid for the building in fact. I saw that yesterday.

nice

So I've running around like "Bloody Lunatic " when I could have just done a bit of painting ;-)
  • Options
    Mind you if id just won 100 million on the lottery i might be a tad generous as well.

Round of drinks in the con club maybe.
  • Options
    who is damien hurst?
  • Options
    Either a great artist or a very very shrewd + clever man . Possibly both.

If you like dead animals in embalming fluid he is your man.

I think his best work was the dead cat in a tank of ink called " moon light over Woowich"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Either a great artist or a very very shrewd + clever man . Possibly both.

If you like dead animals in embalming fluid he is your man.

I think his best work was the dead cat in a tank of ink called " moon light over Woowich"
    neither - a lucky wannabee artist who found some rich friends
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    A very fashionable artist whose work sells for millions.

Most controversially stuff like this which he doesn't even do. He has the idea and gets someone else to produce it. Wouldn't have it in my house for two reasons. I. I can't stand it 2. I'd flog it ASAP
  • Options
    All the same, the guy actually spent time producing a piece of work and donated it. So shit brit art or no, nice one Damien.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]All the same, the guy actually spent time producing a piece of work and donated it. So shit brit art or no, nice one Damien.

Yeah, well done on donating all that money. I think he and Bono did something similar to raise money to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.

This I like. Hirst and Banksy
  • Options
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=32888&newstype=n

As usual OS is days behind CL. Wouldn't be surprised if Matt and Tom get all their stories off here : - )

like the painting shown in the picture BTW