Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SLP: Addicks held by fluent Forest

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/sport.cfm?id=17508

Comments

• Options
    Fluent Forest? :S

Was I at the same game?
  • Options
    I was pretty impressed by Forest. Thought they looked very, very good going forward in the first half especially, and were always a threat in the second.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I agree they looked quite good going forward but I wouldn't describe them, as you do, as being 'very very' good....that's stretching it somewhat.... to say the least!
    Now, Wolves 'were' very very good!
  • Options
    Fair enough, we'll just have to have a different opinion on that one. From my view they were pretty impressive up front, though shaky at the back. Earnshaw coming off was a bit of a bonus as he was dangerous, as was Tyson.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    As you say, we'll just have to have a difference of opinion....I thought they looked better at the back than up front...big strong fast mobile defenders who covered the ground well for the most part and most of what they did going forward stemmed from the back four.Their mid-field and defence seemed to merge into one more often than not, making it somewhat indistinguishable.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Fluent Forest? :S

Was I at the same game?

this is the Millwall London Press BRE - What do you expect. :-)
  • Options
    I don't think the report lived up to the Headline. I actually think the report itself was pretty accurate but didn't give the impression of any great fluency by Forest other than maybe the first 15 minutes.
  • Options
    Lee Martin for 15 minutes was on fire, after that there was nothing in it
  • Options
    To be perfectly honest, that's not even the headline in the paper, I just quickly slapped it down for the web headline. Regretting it now!!
  • Options
    lol@ rk

sorry mate but you are a millwall paper
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah, the SLP is a Millwall paper in general terms but saying that, we do give Charlton the same amount of coverage on the inside pages as Millwall (2 pages on a Friday, 1 on a Tuesday), but we tend to always lead with Millwall unless something dramatic happens at Charlton or Palace.

If we get decent Charlton stories I try and stick them on the web cos I can usually do them bigger, rather than cram them into a small space in the paper.
  • Options
    It must be fun using crayons though to communicate your articles to your main readership.

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]It must be fun using crayons though to communicate your articles to your main readership.

;-)

Lol.
  • Options
    Ha ha, I couldn't possible comment unfortunately!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: rk_1990[/cite]Yeah, the SLP is a Millwall paper in general terms but saying that, we do give Charlton the same amount of coverage on the inside pages as Millwall (2 pages on a Friday, 1 on a Tuesday), but we tend to always lead with Millwall unless something dramatic happens at Charlton or Palace.

- Must be quite boring then, nothing about football, maybe a few lines nicked from the Court Circular, copied from Britains most wanted, or borrowed from Insolvancy Weekly?