Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

on average we will reach 65 points. Doubt thats enough for the play offs.

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
If you take our current points tally and rather presumptously feel that we will carry on in exactly the same form all season, we will reach a mere 64points. I personally feel we need to average minimum of 1.5 per game (69 for the season) to have any remtote chance of getting in 6th place. Obviously getting to the play offs does not guarantee promotion, but i think to be safely in the shake up we need to reach 75points. What are everybodys thoughts on the realistic chances of this happening? In my opinion thus far we are only minimum of 1 point behind where we should be, as i believe we should have slavaged a draw from either Preston or Wolves, all be them hard games. Solid start, we look a lot tighter at the back, lets just hope Varns gets some confidence in front of that goal.

Comments

• Options
    yep and Man United will finish 15th.

Jesus
  • Options
    still so long to go its hard to predict. wolves wont keep on winning and preston will stumble, i think we will see the likes of watford norwich, ipswich and cov starting to move upwards, and reading too. gona stick my neck on the line and predict the top 6 to be thus come may:

1st Birmingham
    2nd Reading
    3rd Wolves
    4th QPR
    5th Coventry
    6th Ipiswich or Norwich

Coventry to win playoffs against wolves in the final.

Barnsley Doncaster and Plymouth for the drop to league one.

we will just scrape into the top 10 maybe 8th but at least 9 points short of a promtion spot.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    such averages generally mean more by the half way point I would have thought as you have played everyone, but even then you aren't taking in to account home and away differences,

Why not do a comparison of previous seasons and how an average after say the first 10 games compared with our final league placing in the past that will tell you how good it is as a predictor? Then again you may have a life..
  • Options
    END OF SEASON

1st Wolves
    2nd Charlton
    3rd Birmingham
    4th Qpr
    5th Reading
    6th Ipiswich
  • Options
    So far this season, theres been two good teams- Wolves and Birmingham. After that it's pretty much equal. We have as good as chance as any to make the play offs based on what I've seen so far.
  • Options
    Point taken Razil. Wasn't really meant to be gospel, when i look at statistics i try to look at them regardless of the opposition or the proportion of home/away games, its just my little way of following where i believe we should be this season. So, if the 3 games after Wed and Ipswich at home with the scum away, we were to amass another 7 points, our tally would be 16 after 10games, and i think 10 games is a realistic time to say the settling down period has subsided, and one can start to establish a realistic evaluation of where the team stands.
  • Options
    as I said do the comparison on previous years, if I were a betting man I would say it wouldn't be that accurate.
  • Options
    Yes i do have RTG's (Rose Tinted Glasses) don't I.
  • Options
    We got 16 points out of the first 10 games last term, 4 wins 4 draws 2 loses.

We got 7 points from the first 10 games in 2006/2007

and 22 points with Curbs from the 1st 10 games in 2006/2006
  • Options
    in 06/06???? short bloody season blame the Yanks!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sorry liquid lunch... 2005/2006 !!!
  • Options
    don't forget pards teams always do better after christmas
  • Options
    hmm yes!