Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone on here taken a baby to a Charlton game?

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
Me and the family are in Cornwall for a couple of weeks next month and are due to come back the day before the Plymouth game.

I have convinced the wife that we should stay an extra day and go to the Charlton game - with baby (she'll be 12 weeks) strapped to my front.

Are there any potential pitfalls with my plan or should this all be fine and dandy?

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2008
    I haven't got a child so have no idea, but if i were you i'd email the club and ask about their baby changing facilities!

i guess a child strapped to you wouldnt get hurt in any way if you left/arrived when the crowd subsided and i wouldn't visit the concourse at half time. however if and when there are goals you'd have a screaming baby strapped to your self and will miss some of the action! :-)

ps> I don't mean baby changing facilities, as in swapping a child.
  • Options
    I think you might get some funny looks.

I thought there was a creche at Charlton
  • Options
    I would worry abour all that noise damaging their tiny little eardrums. that would be a main concern.

I suggest you stay at home with the baby and your wife go.
  • Options
    Yeah Ginge
  • Options
    rather you than me swisdom.
  • Options
    Maybe ring the ticket office and get moved, for that match, to a quieter area of the ground... family stand, end of the east or west etc...
  • Options
    I've seen people with babies at games before. Wouldn't recommend it but as a one off I reckon it'll be ok.
  • Options
    I've taken our daughter to matches (albeit MLS matches in Toronto. which are still fairly noisy and racous by North American standards) and it worked out just fine. Here you can take kids under two in to just about anything free of charge. That said, once she hit 18 months, we stopped taking her as it became far too much of a chore, as she was more easily bored.
  • Options
    he's talking about Plymouth away folks im almost sure of it... so he cant get moved to a quieter area.
  • Options
    he can just go in as a normal charlton fan in the away area and it'll be quiet as there will only be 12 people there.
    all valley gold members with flasks obviously :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Me and Stu were at the back of the North Stand for the Reading game trying to find WSS. We saw a baby getting breast fed, not a pleasant sight.
  • Options
    i was hiding...
  • Options
    disguised as a baby?! ;-)
  • Options
    Taking a 3 year old was bad enough mate!!
  • Options
    I took my three year old for a game and spent most of the time charging to and from the loo
  • Options
    As others have said, I imagine that the noise might upset her, but then that's your choice....couple in front of me in the east stand have been bringing a baby girl since she was tiny without any apparent problems...personally I'm leaving CC Jnr at home for a bit yet, as it'll be constant loo trips and bags of sweets....
  • Options
    I knew a hippy once who went to the turnstiles and asked how much it was for babies. The turnstile operator said it's free for babies, the hippy turns round to his girlfriend and says ''Come on baby''.

Boom, boom!

Sorry it's been a long day, I'll get my coat.
  • Options
    Changing shouldn't be a problem - any flat surface can do

Feeding is not a problem as she is on bottles and wifey can deal with that shit

Noise won't be an issue - It's Charlton Away for gods sake (do I sounds like Morts yet??)

She can sleep through an apocalypse so I would like to think she'll be OK - it's only a one off and if she starts being a pain in the ass then wifen can take her for a walk while I deal with the serious action of idolising my heroes in Red
  • Options
    Ahhh, away at Plymouth... if it's like last season, they'll be plenty of room for you. Only me and WSS went from our 'hardcore' group of mates...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Ahhh, away at Plymouth... if it's like last season, they'll be plenty of room for you. Only me and WSS went from our 'hardcore' group of mates...

the hardcore mates group, none of which went to the game on saturday apart from porkpie - saturday 3pm....*ahem*
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Ahhh, away at Plymouth... if it's like last season, they'll be plenty of room for you. Only me and WSS went from our 'hardcore' group of mates...

Kets, Gumbo and myself got confused and went a week early, deal with it.
  • Options
    All True fans went to Doncaster Tuesday night not Saturday :-)
  • Options
    Is Medders not my friend any more? :-(
  • Options
    Take the babe but I doubt that you will get to see much of the match in between feeds, changes, screaming when woken by the loud PA music and home fans singing.

I doubt that female football toilets are much better than mens so finding a decent place to change them will be hard.

I read it that you and the mum will be there so maybe you are thinking that you'll be able to off load all the above on her. Bad move IMHO.
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Me and Stu were at the back of the North Stand for the Reading game trying to find WSS. We saw a baby getting breast fed, not a pleasant sight.

Why?
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Took both my boys from any early age 6 months plus and it was fine, be sure to have some really warm clothes n blankets tho, its more difficult to bring my boys now..... as they have a say in the matter ! you can always get the baby off to sleep with a 20 minute solo bouncey.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Me and Stu were at the back of the North Stand for the Reading game trying to find WSS.

poor stu!
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I haven't got a child so have no idea, but if i were you i'd email the club and ask about their baby changing facilities!

i guess a child strapped to you wouldnt get hurt in any way if you left/arrived when the crowd subsided and i wouldn't visit the concourse at half time. however if and when there are goals you'd have a screaming baby strapped to your self and will miss some of the action! :-)

ps> I don't mean baby changing facilities, as in swapping a child.

swapping babies? well it is plymouth!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]he can just go in as a normal charlton fan in the away area and it'll be quiet as there will only be 12 people there.
    all valley gold members with flasks obviously :-)

Oi Suze ...... I'll be there and I'm not quiet, especially after a drink or 5

:o)
  • Options
    My son has had a season ticket since he was eight months, first game Barnsley, 2-2 (seasons first game), he cried at the shout when a goal was scored, the next game he cried when Tina Turner came on the tannoy, since then it's been great. 12 weeks though, hmmmn, I 'spose I would have done it then too.
  • Options
    Only my wife, I called her baby...:o)