Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dickson or Fleetwood

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
It sounds from the reserves reports on the OS that Fleetwood's been looking pretty sharp and tucked away a few goals already this season.

It would probably be unfair on Dickson to take him out of the squad in place of Fleetwood - but a striker in form and all that....

Comments

• I saw Fleetwood play against Dulwich. He reminded me of Mendonca in terms of build and the way he can play with his back to goal and turn his player. I liked the way he played albeit against some spirited though lesser opposition.
  • He (Fleetwood) looked pretty average against Welling to be honest - good for him to get a couple of goals in the Ressies and prepare to make the move.

If he proves to be a natural finisher then it's all good for the team
  • I'd like to see Godfrey have a try in the side ahead of Fleetwood!
  • dickson is next in pecking order but he's going to have to go some to dislodge gray and varney at the moment
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]He (Fleetwood) looked pretty average against Welling to be honest - good for him to get a couple of goals in the Ressies and prepare to make the move.

If he proves to be a natural finisher then it's all good for the team

To be fair, though ........ the Welling match is always the first pre-season game, so nobody is going to look particularly sharp or fit. I wouldn't judge anybody on that.

Good to see Fleets settling in now - and no doubt as soon as Toddy's proven his fitness, then Fleets is bound to be loaned out like Dicko last year.
  • I am with Ledge on this, no way do you break up the Gray Varney partnership. Chopping & changing everyweek got us no-where in 2nd half of last season. If we can start to establish some decent partnerships across the park, Centre halfs (Fortune & Hudson) seems to be working, Full Backs & wingers, Centre Mids (Bailey & Zheng Would be ideal) & Gray & Varney who are doing more thank OK for me at the moment.
  • In fairness, Dicko should be in front of Fleets, based on what he did at Gillingham last season. A months loan to a league one club would help him get up to speed. Poor old Dicko needs more than 15 minutes a week, to shake the splinters out of his arse. :0)
  • What worries me is what match opportunities Dicko is getting to keep sharp. Either give him a run out in the reserves or longer than the odd 15 mins here and there.
  • Saw dickson at ebbsfleet on tues i think he is better than Fleetwood anyway pards has confimed that Stuart will be going on loan somewhere.
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=32919
  • is it just me or does McLown not seem to be getting many mentions?

Personally I think I can just see Dickson getting a winner next tuesday at the palace
  • Sponsored links:

• WSSWSS
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]is it just me or does McLown not seem to be getting many mentions?
    There are murmours that he is back and really really fit - put on a fair bit of muscle of Pards (and NSS) really fancies him.

Lets see where he is in the next 6 weeks.
  • edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]is it just me or does McLown not seem to be getting many mentions?

Why would he, when he's injured?