Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

From YV on cafc site...

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
Subject Fans
Author Sarah Tomkins -Posted 25/09/2008 at 08:10 AM
Message I took my son to see Leyton Orient v Leiceister City on Saturday so he could see Chris Powell play.
Their fans are amazing, Charlton fans should be ashamed of themselves.
We sat with the Leiceister fans, they never stopped shouting, chanting and backing their team no matter what the football was like, they got behind their team.
Anyone would have thought they were the home team!
What has the team got to do? Win every game 4-2! The slightest mistake on the pitch and they get booed, it's wrong, they must dread playing at home in case they make a mistake which every player in every league in the world does!
Big Chris was right, we only sing when we are winning! What's the point in that if we can't get behind the team when things are not going our way?
It can lift sides - look at what it did for them when we played Palace at home! That was the atmosphere I remember at The Valley when I first started coming when we in League One, no matter what the play was like.
My son is 7 and he said "why don't our fans sing like this, it's really loud"? Why indeed?
Come get behind, it may not be pretty at times but we can help the lads!

tis a brilliant Question....

Comments

• Options
    no leicester fans shouting out sit shut up
  • Options
    he was sitting with away fans... an the whole aay fans are your more hardcore fans who are going to be more vocal.

although i do agree with alot of the text.
  • Options
    But the post is bang on.

Generally we have to be 2-0 up in the first 10 or 20 mins to prevent the boo-ing, and the individual player abuse.
    Not so many years ago, it was the referee or a villain opponent who got the boo-ing/abuse.

But to mindlessly aim it at your own side ..... maybe it's just modern day dumbed-down mentality.
  • Options
    chicken or egg ?

manager sets the team up to play 4-4-2 and we attack from the start - pulsating game where chances are a plenty.........would get fans singing.

manager sets up team to play 4-5-1 and first shot at goal is around the hour mark - spend all 1st half with backs against the wall, conceeding possession and hardly getting out of our half.......will get the fans moaning.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I can't understand it tbh!

I never have and hopefully never will boo Charlton, as you say it is our oponents we should must now boo!
  • Options
    The only time I have ever booed at the Valley was when I found out Andy Murray was there last home game and his name was announced.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]The only time I have ever booed at the Valley was when I found out Andy Murray was there last home game and his name was announced.

Ok that is one instance where i would join in Booing of Villains like the english hating brother betraying scotlish bastard!
  • Options
    Charlton have never been in league 1 :o)

I bet none of the Leicester fans use the excuse, I don't go away because we always play badly.